new Prometheus model

Really never heard about the moaning Why what was wrong??

Well.... ;)

I like to watch trashy movies.. I like to suspend the old disbelief sometimes, but....

This movie had my eyes rolling so fast and some many times I thought they were going to fall out of my face. :crosseyed:

Really. My opinion is that this movie failed even as a stand alone piece of science fiction story telling outside of the Alien canon, and it treated me like an eejit. And remember, I did say I quite like watching trashy movies.

I'm glad it worked for some people. It didn't for me. I sat there wholly disappointed and wondering if Ridley Scott has jumped the shark. Youtube 'Everything wrong with Prometheus in less than 4 minutes' doesn't even begin touch on some of my favourite eye wobbling moments. :lol:

That said.. This kit picks on the bits that DID work, which was the amazing production design of the movie. It looked fantastic with some great toys and it's nice to see the kits appearing. :goodjob:

But sometimes, I wonder why in these stories of exploration, they send a huge ship and risk the whole thing by landing it without any proper survey, or maybe sending a smaller ship down. But hey, that's the geek in me. :nerd::lol:

• Like 1

Well.... ;)

I like to watch trashy movies.. I like to suspend the old disbelief sometimes, but....

This movie had my eyes rolling so fast and some many times I thought they were going to fall out of my face. :crosseyed:

Really. My opinion is that this movie failed even as a stand alone piece of science fiction story telling outside of the Alien canon, and it treated me like an eejit. And remember, I did say I quite like watching trashy movies.

I'm glad it worked for some people. It didn't for me. I sat there wholly disappointed and wondering if Ridley Scott has jumped the shark. Youtube 'Everything wrong with Prometheus in less than 4 minutes' doesn't even begin touch on some of my favourite eye wobbling moments. :lol:

That said.. This kit picks on the bits that DID work, which was the amazing production design of the movie. It looked fantastic with some great toys and it's nice to see the kits appearing. :goodjob:

But sometimes, I wonder why in these stories of exploration, they send a huge ship and risk the whole thing by landing it without any proper survey, or maybe sending a smaller ship down. But hey, that's the geek in me. :nerd::lol:

Hear, hear! Very well said!

I wanted to love this movie - bought the Blu-ray, made a favourite meal, and had two bottles of my favourite beer lined up and ready. It *should* have been great, but was a major disappointment. My wife (who is a lot more forgiving than I, but still a big fan of the Alien/Aliens movies) simply said "Hmm" as the end credits were rolling.

It's a bit like "Gravity" - you either love it or want to tear it to pieces...

The ship's gorgeous, though :D.

• Like 1

Me wantee, but me wonder how muchee?

I emailed Alan my reservation for one and he said it'll be about $200 or there abouts - I almost fell off my chair

But he did mention it'll be quite big.

I'm hoping it'll be light- able, but being resin, I suspect it'll be a solid block and not an easy job.

As for the movie, yeah, some points of it made no sense, like why was it so important for the female doctor to know why the engineers wanted to deconstruct us. She should have just lef it at that and flown home, but nooooo....

And when the ship was rolling over, why not side step?! Duhhh

But stupid stuff aside, I thought the visual effects were stunning. I loved the ship the best though. So can't wait for this to be released.

Speaking of which, I am yet to ask Alan when that is

I'll let you know when I find out

I'm like John above - i REALLY wanted to love this movie but came away very very disappointed, if not annoyed. There were so many plot holes and inconsistent or illogical plot devices

and as for the reveal when they open up the navigators suit and discover... (spoiler)

We've spent 30 years imagining what the original aliens looked like and then we get this disapointment... I almost shouted at the screen at that point for the sheer lack of imagination shown!

This review pretty much sums it up for me:

Beware there is bad language in this video!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 2

I'm glad it's not just me that thought it was tripe.

What I can't believe though is that they are, apparently, making another one.

Graham

Oh well - maybe I'm easily pleased then :rolleyes: I do like Noomi Rapace though - she was great in the original "Girl who..." trilogy :)

Sorry to hear about your mate having issues with the theft of his property, Andrew. I wish him luck with sorting that out as amicably as possible.

Cheers Mike, apparently it's not the first time they've done it. They troll the 3d art forum where he posts, download the 3d models and use as thier template. He's a little bit wee weed off to say the least and so would I be seeing as it's his living they're screwing with.

I read the original script for Prometheus online somewhere, and it seemed to make a lot more sense than what was eventually released. I'm not downbeat on a sequel, but I hope they take lessons on board from the first film.

Ross.

Totally agree...being a fan of the Alien movies I found this effort utter tosh, too many plot holes to list, looks like Diddley Squat lost interest somewhere near the beginning, just after the opening credits !

More like the teaser trailer as that made the movie look more interesting than what was actually delivered

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of the apparent theft, hopefully he gets a result. Then maybe offer it in 1/350 to go with my Polar lights NX-01 :thumbsup::mental:

As for the film well plot flakey, Michael Fassbender was excellent and very unnerving, and Charlize was in a skintight spacesuit. That made it worth watching :coolio:

Let's hope the planned sequel is a better plot.