WNW DH2

Hi folks
I've been working on this for quite a few weeks now and finally got to the end - my first WNW kit but it hopefully won't be the last! In at the deep end with all that rigging, but the kit itself is a joy to work on.
13200122483_d4b4415f53_c.jpg

13200256254_008d7bf833_c.jpg

13200021703_e1508cde55_c.jpg

13199971423_9321b250be_c.jpg

13200082424_3d38e58f10_c.jpg

13199721915_8d1c767c3e_c.jpg

13199793613_07932500d4_c.jpg

13199616295_d473519b69_c.jpg
Thanks for looking
JA
  • Like 19

Great build. Very brave of you to tackle a DH.2 as your first WnW build. I plan to do at least 4 of their standard single seat fighters before going onto the 2 seaters and pushers.

Andrew

• Like 1

gobsmacking rigging!!!!!!!!!! how do you keep sane!

• Like 1

I've always thought of the pushers as a triple threat if you crash. You get killed by being first at the scene, the fuel spilling all over you and igniting or the engine becoming part of your spine! Even if they had been issued parachutes, You would have to deal with the prop, IF you got past the wires. The courage of those pilots never ceases to amaze me.

The fabric work on the fuselage looks spot on. As to the rigging-now you are ready for the Gotha!

Robin

• Like 2

That gives a whole new perspective to the later term 'stringbag'. How on Earth did the poor bloke who swung the prop find his way out from that spider's web?

Fantastic build – museum replica standard!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

I've always thought of the pushers as a triple threat if you crash. You get killed by being first at the scene, the fuel spilling all over you and igniting or the engine becoming part of your spine! Even if they had been issued parachutes, You would have to deal with the prop, IF you got past the wires. The courage of those pilots never ceases to amaze me.

Consider the songs they used to sing:

(To the tune of My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean)

Oh, the bold aviator was dying

And as 'neath the wreckage he lay, he lay

To the sobbing mechanics about him

These last parting words he did say

"Take the cylinders out of my kidneys

The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain

From the small of my back get the crankshaft

And assemble the engine again"

Two valve springs you’ll find in my stomach,

Three spark plugs are safe in my lung, my lung,

The prop is in splinters inside me,

To my fingers the joy-stick has clung.

Take the propeller boss out of my liver,

Take the aileron out of my thigh, my thigh,

From the seat of my pants take the piston,

Then see if the old crate will fly.

• Like 2

Thanks all for the very kind comments! Actually the rigging is time-consuming rather than difficult, although I didn't help myself by cutting the lengths shorter than they needed to be.

That's as good as the weekends result Johnny. Not a first choice WNW kit to build for most but it like that rigging hasn't phased you, what did you use by the way ez-line?

Yes Neil, EZ line for the cross-bracing in the wings and the control cables but all the stuff out to the tailplane needs to be structural because it won't support its own weight - I used fishing line there.

Regards

JA