Bf 109G-6 AZ Model 1/72

Hello guys, this is Bf 109G-6, 1/72 from AZ Model kit, the build can be found here http://www.britmodel...2-az-model-oob/ :)

The kit is made mostly OOB, i made just new gun barrels (under wings, in spinner and over the engine), added some wiring to the U/C, made new seatbelts from tape + wires (tried for the first time :) ) and made some details and scars to the drop tank.

I had some errors during the build, and i m not calling this perfect at all, but i m happy with the result, knowing i pushed my limits a bit ahead again :)

I hope you wont mind a bit photo heavy post, i reduced the number of photos down but could not decide more.. :)

001.jpg

Fotografie_0058.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Thanks a lot for watching this guys and any comments or tips are more than welcome :)

Edited by Wolwe82
  • Like 16

Thanks a lot guys :) i realy appreciate you did watch my 109 and even more your nice words :)
The kit itself is awesome, i had a lot of fun building it, i can recommend the AZ Bf 109s to anyone, great kit for nice price.

Thanks a lot all of you guys for your nice words, you are too kind realy :) i m even out of my allowed "like this" for today! ;)

I know i ll repeat myself but i can nothing but recommend this kit greatly to anyone interested in Bf 109. It realy is great in all aspects. The very few problems i had were caused by myself. But the kit has everything.. great moulding with superb details, spare parts for diferent versions (only canopy is just for the actual boxing), the instructions are clearly showing diferences between versions (my boxing was G-6, but instructions shows diferences for all versions from G-4 or 5 to G-14) and the instructions are coloured, which is nice help, mainly for cockpit. Decals are very nice settling down, maybe a tiny bit too thick (on one or two spots i had wash "hiding" behind the decal..), but nothing like the older hasegawa. So realy, if you see this kit and you want to try 109, go for it, i m pretty sure you wont regret it. And its not expensive as well.

Btw, i m not sure where could i ask, so i ll use this thread to it. Do you think it would be possible to use the G base for F version? I mean, is there some remarkable diference in this scale ? All the stuff liked diferent looking wheel wells and so, that can be done, but i m asking mainly about the base lines. So if anyone with deeper knowledge in german planes can answer me, thanks :)

Btw, i m not sure where could i ask, so i ll use this thread to it. Do you think it would be possible to use the G base for F version? I mean, is there some remarkable diference in this scale ? All the stuff liked diferent looking wheel wells and so, that can be done, but i m asking mainly about the base lines. So if anyone with deeper knowledge in german planes can answer me, thanks :)

I'm not an expert in109s, but I think the main differences between the F and G models are the MG cowlings and the heavy framed armored windscreen and hood. The F model lacked the bulges on the nose and had a lighter framed canopy, some examples having armored glass fitted to the outside of the windscreen..

• Like 1

I'm not an expert in109s, but I think the main differences between the F and G models are the MG cowlings and the heavy framed armored windscreen and hood. The F model lacked the bulges on the nose and had a lighter framed canopy, some examples having armored glass fitted to the outside of the windscreen..

I'm no expert either though I believe all the Fs had a retractable tailwheel.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave and Meatbox, the bulges are not problem because these are made as parts alone and also the AZ model has like 3 versions of tail wheel + you can make the hole over the wheel opened or closed :) , but well, i got told there are some nice F kits which are quite cheap, so i ll use these :) But definitely i m going to build more of the G versions, G-2 in british or australian captured marking is on the way (not right now though :) )

Edited by Wolwe82

Thanks GCM and Shalako. I am realy glad you guys like it :)

For the closed canopy, the build was ment to be just quick build to take rest from a lot of scratchbuilding i had in last weeks, so i promissed to myself to build it purely OOB (well, the few external details doesnt count! ;) ). Thats why i decided to build it closed and only add the seat belts, because i knew if i would go for opened canopy, i would spend long days and maybe weeks just with cockpit... :) The canopy is quite clean and you can see inside pretty good (though i cannt catch that on photos, no idea how to get rid of the flashing effects on canopy), even though i have no idea how, but there are some "dirty" spots on the inner side of canopy now. No idea how that happened, because before masking the canopy i did polish the inner side, it was clean nicely. Well, got to be some evil imps! :)