Amy Johnson's DH.60 Moth [WINGS ON JUST RIGGING TO DO]

Hi all,

Well after waiting for a week and a half I found out where my kit that was in the post had got to... In the PO just down the road. Postie hadn't put through a red slip saying there was a package waiting...

Anyway, I finished my DH.82A build now onto something even more classic, DH.60G, this kit is a CBK released decades ago before NOVO got their hands on it and produced it.

IMG_6896_zpsc240def8.jpg

Made in the USSR... Means this individual kit is several years older than me! I've found it to be a very relaxing build, nothing complex at all. Scratch built interior using plasticard and some old seats from the airfix bedford.

IMG_6897_zpsc6aad2b0.jpg

IMG_6898_zps9a86868f.jpg

IMG_6899_zps808b9b86.jpg

Not too pretty in there, however, there will be a large wing right over the forward cockpit anyway.

Frustratingly, I didn't varnish the decals before trying to aplly them to the upper and lower wings. So they simply disintegrated and now I have to print my own tomorrow or paint them.

More to follow

Ben

Edited by wellsprop

Had to use fine wet and dry paper to smooth off the fuselage paint

IMG_6900_zps9d7d4522.jpg

The wing decals worked very well, coupled wiht a layer of black paint to neaten things up

IMG_6904_zps45f71d3f.jpg

The fuselage decals went shockingly badly, so I created a mask and did it all the boring way...

IMG_6903_zps14941ace.jpg

Still got a little tidying to do

Ben

:tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

Done the fuselage and tail section (other than the struts)

IMG_6906_zps1d670010.jpg

Happy enough with the prop (looks a bit bulbous here though)

IMG_6906_zps1d670010.jpg

Tomorrow I should be able to add the windscreens as well as the rigging on the fuselage/wing supports. Maybe get the top wing on too!

• Like 2

Lovely work and a gorgeous colour scheme.

I've found it's not too hard to scratch the seats for old planes like this from spare plasticard. A small "D" does for the seatpan. Cut out a slightly larger "D" and wrap it round the curved edge of the pan to form the back. Makes a surprisingly convincing basket seat if you get the proportions right..

Edited by crookedmouth
  • Like 1

Thanks all :)

|Spent a long time today wondering how to make the windsheilds, then I finally realised all I had to do was use a hole punch to make semi circles!

IMG_6910_zps02e6ecfc.jpg

IMG_6912_zps9026183a.jpg

IMG_6913_zps1806ea0b.jpg

Unfortunately the front one is a bit thick and didnt cut too well, hence why it's white around the edges :/

Full day of 6th form tomorrow then I wont get home until gone 9. So no modeling until Wednesday (no lessons lol)

Ben

Edited by wellsprop