1/8 C Type Jaguar

A thing of beauty. Especially love the zinc chromate seats.

The paint on the seats is actually Humbrol matt grass green with a dose of Tamiya smoke over it and in the nooks and crannies......

Believe it or not, I'm currently experimenting with a D Type 'prototype' seat covered in real leather, for a future 1/8 D Type build.

Roy.

• Like 1

That is just incredible what can I say breathtaking the superlatives are inadequate you sir are a master :gobsmacked:

Edited by kpnuts

Truly amazing Roy! I would choose a classic over a new car any day, a good memory I've for is when we raced a c type around a go kart track for fun, against a Nissan figaro! great build and looks real enough to get into. The bmf looks incredibly effective and an amazing build for sure!!

Harry

Many thanks for all the kind words and support.

The carbs are just about sorted and plumbed in to the fuel filter but there's still a load of linkages to build and fit.

The pics below are somewhat out of order BTW...

The small fly screen is ready but I won't fix it permanently until the end as there will still no doubt be times I need to upend the car.

Onward and upwards as they say...

Roy.

P1010049_zpsf80e187f.jpg

P1010050_zps2e57b80f.jpg

P1010052_zps33907a5c.jpg

P1010051_zps5fbe3267.jpg

P1010055_zpsb839018a.jpg

P1010053_zps81268ec7.jpg

P1010054_zps980511af.jpg

No unleaded here I'm afraid - I think the old straight-six wouldn't handle it.....

A bit more detailing done on the engine.
The carb linkages were a bit of a task, being made of extremely fine wire and flat ally sheet. I think my eyeballs are struggling a bit these days even with a big mag - lamp.

Inspection lamp fitted on the bulk head and the number lamp fitted on the rear.
Rear wheels tentatively in place with spinners now. The front chassis parts, suspension, steering etc and radiator etc next.......

Roy.

P1010059_zpsd71867d4.jpg

P1010060_zps594c6bc0.jpg

P1010061_zpse08591c8.jpg

P1010062_zpsde28e830.jpg

Yes, I saw the E Types.....

'Only' £1.5 mil each....... I'll have two.

Apparently they are already spoken for. All 6 went in the first 30 mins of the announcement to Jaguar 'selected' customers.

Regarding the C....... only one coil was ever wired in fully.

The second coil - the one at the front - was a spare, partially wired in case of failure in the first coil. Simply swap one low tension wire, switch the HT lead and away you go again.

Back in the '50's, coils had a habit of boiling away when they were raced hard.

Well spotted though.

Roy.

Where you born with a craft knife in your hands or a modeling lathe inserted somewhere in a body cavity, I don't believe it is possible for a normal human being to produce models like this. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Many thanks for the kind words of support.

I can only say it's an enjoyable and often challenging little project. Part of the fun is looking at a part of the real car and working out how to make that bit easily but (reasonably) accurately for the model, often using bits of junk and tat lying around in my bits box or the garage.

For example - the fuel filter was made from a piece of clear plastic Biro tube, brass tube, plasticard and card making 'dots', a pin and a piece of concertina folded paper inside for the filter...... It's not 'identical' to the real part, but it's pretty close.

My model is by no means a perfect representation of the real number 18 car, but I am trying to have as much of the 'right bits in the right places' as possible.

There is still quite a lot to do on this one, but a few smaller parts of my next project - 1/8 short nose D Type - are already under way.

Roy.

Hi Roy, hope your well.

Just joined this forum and seen your C type. Majestic building as usual. But i can honestly say that this is a TRIUMPH and

a stunning display of modelling skill. Following in awe.

G

There is still quite a lot to do on this one, but a few smaller parts of my next project - 1/8 short nose D Type - are already under way.

Roy.

That's a wonderful project car too, but how far down the list are the next Pochers?

-And I do understand you need a break from 'Pocheritis' ... :weep:

Once again, many thanks you guys.

Not a lot today - just the numbers roundels on each side.

The edges will need painting at the firewall, as will the door hinges but I wanted to see the car looking a bit more 'racey'....

Roy.

P1010069_zpsdcbd5787.jpg

P1010070_zpse8863cf7.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry there's been no update recently......

More very soon - but hopefully, soon very exciting development for 1/8 model car kits.......

(Edited - manufacturing issues to get around.)

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack