Gloster Javelin....(no, not that one)

Another build in my personal Obsolete GB. The Heller Gloster Javelin T3. Built oob, brush painted with Humbrol Enamels, kit decals and finished with a coat of Klear.

As usual with these older kits, there are raised panel lines throughout, but nice detail as well, and certainly builds up with no major dramas. Even after umpteen years

the decals behaved faultlessly and adhered to the raised lines without the need for any decal solutions.

DSCF3174_zps610a4874.jpg?t=1394812761

Finished as per the kit instructions, as a Javelin stationed in Singapore, at R.A.F. Tenagh with T/60 Sq. during 1963.

DSCF3173_zpsed6cfbde.jpg?t=1394812855

The model was photographed on my Hunter display base, which might not make it back on.

DSCF3171_zpse007c07c.jpg?t=1394812927

DSCF3169_zpsdd6f0749.jpg?t=1394812990

DSCF3165_zps74420f4c.jpg?t=1394813081

DSCF3180_zps05060db6.jpg?t=1394813193

DSCF3176_zpsa5875950.jpg?t=1394813474

Thanks you for your interest,

Sean

• Like 11

Cheers fellas, it would be nice to see an Airfix 1/72 Javelin, fingers crossed and all that :please:

Pat, as regards the base, it's a fairly simple affair. It's one of those wooden canvas art boards, they usually come in threes.

These particular ones have pictures of pebbles. Our neighbour gave them to us and I nabbed them for bases.

The base itself is Verlinden(?) cardboard airfield cut to fit and glued to the canvas. I like to cut one side at an angle, just for

a different perspective, then a bit of railway grass over Revell brown paint beside that. A bit of black acrylic paint on the tarmac for oil stains and there you have it.

Sean

• Like 1

Super job! Have you considered cutting the bases off of the figures and pinning them to the base? It would really round the diorama off for realism.

Martin

• Like 1

This is awesome, very impressed at the brush painted camo and there is a great glossy finish to the build which makes it look very realistic. The base is great and is something I must get round to for photographing builds on. Regards

• Like 1

Cheers fellas, appreciate the kind words. I'd recommend the kit to anyone with an interest in Cold War jets.

It goes together easy enough, and looks the part when finished,
Sean