Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 Friedrich-Karl "Tutti" Müller (Tamiya 1/72)

Greetings from Santiago de Chile :)
This project was ' standing ' about 2 years and in my last holidays i saved it from the shelf of doom , which in my case is quite extensive : - \ .
Karl Heinz Muller began his active service in the Luftwaffe in 1935 , but did not saw action with the Condor Legion however during the Battle of Britain he downed eight British aircraft, he later saw action on the Russian front , Malta and again Russia , coming to amass an impressive record of 140 kills ( keeping the proportions ) .
This particular E-4 was stationed in France , circa 1940, at the time he was still a Oberleutnant . What can be noted about this one is that at this time he served as technical officer staffel ( circle-Chevron on the fuselage ) and the absence of the Swastika on the fin , which corresponds to a way of protesting against the order of the high Command of the Luftwaffe for deleting jg53 squadron emblem ( Pik- As) , and replace it with a red band around the nacelle the plane. Tactic whose theory was to confuse the RAF who already knew very well the emblem. Although other theories aims rather to the state of ' persona non grata ' in high command of Hans- Jiirgen von Cramon - Taubadel , Squadron Commander at the time, imposing this sanction to sabotage control in command of the Ace of spades .
Unfortunately Muller died in Salzburg, 1944 ,in an accident landing his 109G -6 engine stalled at low altitude and he was unable to escape.
Markings from Aeromaster, RLM colors by Chilean model acrylic range K4, excellent product.
Hope you like it!

109E.jpg

109E-2.jpg109E-3.jpg109E-4.jpg109E-5.jpg109E-6.jpg109E-7.jpg109E-8.jpg109E-9.jpg109E-10.jpg109E-11.jpg109E-12.jpg109E-13.jpg109E-14.jpg109E-15.jpg109E-16.jpg109E-17.jpg

Edited by link1987
  • Like 23

Colega, congrats, thanks for sharing this masterpiece.

It could pass easily for a 1/48 scale or even a 1/32, incledible paint job. Seems like the K4 acrylics run pretty well without clogging the airbrush while spraying the mottled cammo.

Rauli is a kind of beech tree indigenous from our beautiful Chile.

Best regards and again, felicitaciones

• Like 1

As others have testified, it's hard to believe that this masterpiece is only 1:72nd scale!

Amazing work.

What with all your painstaking detailing, it's a bit hard for me to understand why you have chosen not to adorn the fin with that infamous crooked cross, though…

Kind regards,

Joachim

The missing swastika is correct for this aircraft. When III./JG53 started reapplying the ace of spades emblem in October 1940 they also deleted the swastika by order of the gruppenkommandeur Wolf-Dietrich Wilcke.

Excellent job on the model! I really like the look of those K4 colors!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, indeed the K4 acrylic gives a rather satin, tough finish that can be worked over almost instantly.

Colega condor, thanks so much for your words, ive seen your outstanding work on our local forum and im glad you considered this one with souch praise, i hope to see more models from you soon.!