How to make a 777 disappear--?

NavDoc

Plenty of surveillance now ,but how much was there when the plane dissappeared , nobody looked for at least 24 hours and then in the wrong places ?. lots of time to hide the plane if that's what happened .

Andrew

If the Malaysian story is correct, and it isn't splattered over the Himalayas, then somebody went to a lot of trouble to execute this.

In most cases, if one digs deep enough, a certain 'organisation' is usually behind it. Pick your own three letters. They have form on running 'terrorists'.

• Like 1

These AWACS opps don't go to sleep. They are there to direct air and ground forces. I'm positive they provide that service around the clock.

I'm talking about Afgan/Pak area. The Indians have their own, not sure if that's a full time opp.

Edited by bzn20

Plane flying around a sensitive area with no IFF? On it like a ton of bricks.

• Like 1

Surely you have to wonder if the full details are being released. The Malaysian military apparently tracked it changing course and heading back inland so why did they not try to intercept it when they failed to contact the aircraft. By all accounts, the Malaysian military has allowed an unidentified aircraft to fly over their country and did absolutely nothing about it. Seems very suspicious to me.

Plane flying around a sensitive area with no IFF? On it like a ton of bricks.

Exactly

Surely you have to wonder if the full details are being released. The Malaysian military apparently tracked it changing course and heading back inland so why did they not try to intercept it when they failed to contact the aircraft. By all accounts, the Malaysian military has allowed an unidentified aircraft to fly over their country and did absolutely nothing about it. Seems very suspicious to me.

This is starting to resemble a three day old fish.

May be like the Swiss they had all gone home for the night

• Like 1

I can see where you're going with this but 238 people are missing and once they have who they want..... Now what?

Just to establish a few facts amongst the speculation here chaps.

Firstly the transponder has a simple rotary switch, amongst the positions is 'Standby' which stops the transponder sending out information.

My flying instructor once told me that modern airliners have undocumented switches that allow them to squawk 7500 without using the usual transponder controls.

I have never heard about that.

Climbing to an altitude that will render people unconscious when the aircraft is depressurised is possible, but the 'rubber jungle' on any of the aircraft I have flown cannot be over-ridden. On the Airbus family, the masks will drop when the cabin altitude reaches 14,000 feet. The time of useful consciousness can be found on the table below. As the altitude increases the time that you are able to conduct normal processes drops dramatically.

TimeOfUsefulConsciousness.jpg

There is a lot of speculation going on on every site that I have read about this topic. As a human being I am naturally inquisitive and want answers, hoping that all will be revealed soon. As a pilot, it makes me cringe to read some of the things that have been spoken of in the news but we all like conspiracies and the possible range of the aircraft after the last known position was highlighted in the following map.

800px-Theoretical_Search_Area_MH_370_en.

Here's a copy of the same map with my amendment. Any thoughts?

Theoretical_Search_Area_MH_370_en_zps44b

• Like 1

agree, I find it absolutely incredible that they did not try to intercept this aircraft after comms were lost and it started changing course

If the Malaysian story is correct, and it isn't splattered over the Himalayas, then somebody went to a lot of trouble to execute this.

In most cases, if one digs deep enough, a certain 'organisation' is usually behind it. Pick your own three letters. They have form on running 'terrorists'.

You mean Cardiff International Arena

Maybe it was intercepted and maybe brought down, would they be admitting to that yet?

Maybe it was intercepted and maybe brought down, would they be admitting to that yet?

Maybe the Prime Minister is unaware? It's not the first time that military leaders in that region have acted on their own initiative and not told the head of state.

You mean Cardiff International Arena

Well I tend to agree with that theory but the evidence is saying otherwise.

Maybe they didn't intercept because they simply didn't detect it. No country will be willing to admit their military radar can't detect a 777 in their airspace.

You don't have to fly to 45,000 ft to kill off the pax and cabin crew. Depressurise above 12,000 ft is enough plus over ride the rubber jungle so it doesn't drop and they just drift off to sleep, that's it. No messages from pax got out by phone (like 9/11) or laptop about being in danger etc. How do you get 238 to totally shut up?

What was the max height of that airway?, maybe they climbed to get above any other traffic so could maneuver without setting off any TCAS alerts from other traffic?

RAF Typhoons regularly transit to and from the Welsh MTA from the east coast around these heights to get direct routings (avoiding airline traffic) without having to use the lower radar corridors.

This is getting stranger by the day. :popcorn:

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Mark

(I cant cut and paste!) If the crew are involved they can stop the rubber jungle, Over ride maybe wrong choice/ not the right word, dropping by disconnecting it. You can over ride to get the masks to drop (to check/test operation) but not to stop operating completely

I'm glad we have a pilot posting here. I'm not asking for definitive answers but you'll know what you can get up to in a cockpit to get around all these monitoring systems and anything else to disconnect electrical etc. components. If the crew are in on it they have the time and any number of excuses to cabin crew to keep out, the door is locked anyway.

Also Mark. Do you carry a spare IFF?

Edited by bzn20

Evening bzn20,

There is an over-ride switch in the Airbus flight deck to make the system work, there's nothing that I can do to make it not work. Of course, Boeing B777s will be different, but different airliners are not that dissimilar.

I've no idea what a 777's ceiling height is. Typhoons can fly higher, stronger structure and a minute area. Can you imagine the pressure differential and therefor stress on a big airliner's skin?

Hi Mark, How about disconnecting, if you know how to do it, not many screws 4(?) pull the box forward and undo a union. You have time don't forget. You can sit with your walk round on. There a quite a few more in the cabin for the rest of the flight, about 20?

I've no idea what a 777's ceiling height is. Typhoons can fly higher, stronger structure and a minute area. Can you imagine the pressure differential and therefor stress on a big airliner's skin?

Service ceiling is quoted as 43,100ft

I was referring to the fact that Typhoons transit high to avoid traffic, not sure if a 777 could maintain these heights anyway?

Shaun.