Revell 1/48 Typhoon Single Seater

Finally... after a long and painful build, on several occasions I wished never to see the thing again...

But it's finished... At least, I'm done with it :frantic:

13112160905_456f775aaf.jpg
13112160145_74ecfc0d56.jpg
13112447754_b562dc6139.jpg
13112155625_f8d453c4e9.jpg
13112444384_b6767875d1.jpg

And of course, having taken the pictures, I realised I'd forgotten the no step decals on the intakes... so i stuck them on...

A lot of issues with dodgy fit, notably around the airbrake/canopy and the undercarriage doors.

Instructions were a bit vague at times and the aicraft in the painting/decal instructions didn't seem to be the same one that I was looking at, all the panel lines in different places and things which made it hard to position some of the decals. If I was cylincal I would say they'd just slightly modified the drawing of the twin seater and decided it would do... :shutup:

Anyhoo, it meets my usual standard of 'ok from a distance'...

• Like 6

If I was cylincal I would say they'd just slightly modified the drawing of the twin seater and decided it would do... :shutup:

Don't know about tweaking the drawings (wouldn't surprise me), but they did use the same fuselage for both the single-seat and twin-seat aircraft, which is incorrect.

Superb job on the model though :)

Very nice indeed. I to looked at the Revell 48th kit and thought that's rather nice and then found the Revell 72nd kit and jumped at it, thinkg it was a reduced kit of the 48th. Little did I know it was a rebox of the Italeri kit and there started my nightmare.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Colin