Czech Restaurant - 1:72 Airfix

Paul A H

Czech Restaurant

1:72 Airfix

czechrest1.jpg

The latest addition to Airfix's expanding range of resin buildings is this ruined Czech restaurant. As with the previous models in this range, this is a one-piece item that requires no assembly other than the addition of the optional pre-cut photo etch window frames and (plastic) glazing. Although the model appears to be reasonably tough, the packaging takes account of the fact that resin is more brittle than plastic and everything is safely wrapped up safe from harm in expanded polystyrene.

czechrest2.jpg

czechrest3.jpg

Cast in the usual hard, white resin, the level of detail on this piece is just as good as the other items in the range. The building depicted is a two storey construction and could be used to represent a range of buildings as well as the rather specific Czech restaurant stated on the box. The outside walls are rendered, but the stone construction shows through around the damaged areas. Patches of bullet holes are also dotted around the walls here and there. My only criticism is that the roof tiles and door are too thick for the scale, but I guess this is a necessity as if they were any thinner they would be rather fragile. The window frames fit nicely into place, and again they will need to be cleaned up a little to remove the attachment points that are present on the metal parts here and there.

Conclusion

Its good to see Airfix continuing with their range of resin buildings as they are really excellent little models. They would look just as good on the wargaming table as they would built into a diorama, and with a little extra work they will look really special. If you havent got one of these already, I highly recommend them.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

• Like 1