Tamiya Lancaster 1/48

Latest Kit off the bench and as usual with these things the camera picks out the various horrors (I think I need to keep a bit filler around the canopy for starters) Only extras used some photo etch in the cockpit - the model went together really well except the engines which needed a couple of evening with filler and file but not too bad especially for a kit of this age.

Paints...all of them basically. Tamiya Semi Gloss black, Xtracylix RAF brown and Gunze Olive green were primarily used followed by oversprays of other shades including Nato black and various Alclads for the underside (Jet Exhaust, burnt iron etc).

Citadel bolt gun for a bit of chipping, Tamiya weathering pastels, loads of browns and pale grey weathering powders, Flory dark dirt etc etc.

Loads of photos as i'm generally quite pleased with this one.

ThePhantom30_zps2b15856f.jpg

ThePhantom29_zps4edcda83.jpg

ThePhantom28_zps5654419c.jpg

ThePhantom21_zps302f88eb.jpg

ThePhantom19_zps456c2309.jpg

ThePhantom15_zps08f05c2b.jpg

ThePhantom13_zps1c0b6dfb.jpg

ThePhantom11_zps484ad05b.jpg

ThePhantom10_zpsb2fd49c2.jpg

ThePhantom5_zps81375c7c.jpg

ThePhantom1_zps73d83e9d.jpg

ThePhantom9_zps421f0254.jpg

ThePhantom7_zps378ce368.jpg

ThePhantom22_zps0fd27837.jpg

ThePhantom24_zps3bbd2411.jpg

ThePhantom27_zps4c02a5fd.jpg

• Like 13

Lovely job. I have to agree with previous comments on weathering, except one small thing. The most outboard set of exhausts tend not to "smoke" over the top of the wing. I don't know why, but it ends up giving the effect of only 3 sets of streaks.

102_1753_zps6f5ef27a.jpg

Lovely job. I have to agree with previous comments on weathering, except one small thing. The most outboard set of exhausts tend not to "smoke" over the top of the wing. I don't know why, but it ends up giving the effect of only 3 sets of streaks.

102_1753_zps6f5ef27a.jpg

It's because of the dihedral of the outer wing section.

hi Oddball (I am a Kelly Hero's fan too by the way) - I have had to re-visit this build and admire it once again - well done on such a brilliant job - she is fantastic looking model. I got scared off building my Tamiya Lanc in this scale, perhaps as I had invested heavily in a lot of PE additional detailing for the interior and flaps which looked rather daunting at the time so I sold mine off - maybe I will get brave enough one day and have another go but keep it simple and do an OOTBox build - thanks for posting, I am sure I will be back to have another look again another day

very nice model.

actually the thing that got my attention on this one was the background in the photos. i was just thinking what a good colour it was to compliment the model then i realized what it was... simple brown paper sheet. good thinking :coolio: