Scimitar F1s

NeilF92

Very beautifull painting of a very beautifull airplane!! Great work Neil!! If you use acrylics, i might suggest of using illustration boards instead of canvases! I think good quality boards are better suited to acrylic paintings!!

Well Done!! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the kind comments .

planeart : Yes - I flit between board and canvas . Prefer canvas for serious paintings . I don't notice any great difference between the two except that board is a firmer surface to spread against then canvas which gives . If I want a firm base to blend against I put a board in the back of the canvas and support it with books of convenient size .

Just noticed you say Illustration board - perhaps that's a different surface to the canvas covered board I'm thinking of .

Neil, I've done a couple of paintings recently and use board all the time but then I'm an aggresive painter in that I like to work the suface. I've never used a canvas, so can't comment on it uses. I'm happy with what I use at present. See my bike painting at the top of the page.

Colin

Edited by heloman1
  • Like 1

Thanks to all for the kind comments .

planeart : Yes - I flit between board and canvas . Prefer canvas for serious paintings . I don't notice any great difference between the two except that board is a firmer surface to spread against then canvas which gives . If I want a firm base to blend against I put a board in the back of the canvas and support it with books of convenient size .

Just noticed you say Illustration board - perhaps that's a different surface to the canvas covered board I'm thinking of .

Hello Neil!!

I see what you mean!! I have used myself canvas boards too, but i prefer illustration(paper)board!! Crecent company is an American brand and sure one of the best! Some of the best illustrators in Japan for example using it!!

There are also artist boards by Talens, Daler, BB Kent board, etc! If you can get hold a few for trial, will be great! Just to see the feel of them!! I am posting you bellow the link to Crescent art board company!!

Keep up the brushing and stroking and...... :)

http://www.crescentartists.com/artboard/artboard_ill.htm

• Like 1

• 9 months later...