1/72 Eduard Mig15 Czech (build T-plus 8)

Okay.. This T plus build 8 since getting back into this modelling 'thing'. (and counting till I've done 12 :lol: )
This was supposed to be a quick build, and finished some weeks ago. It was going really well, but a little thing called life did something very unexpected in a manner I couldn't have even imagined.. so on the back-burner it went. Also kept me away from having a browse around here! The horror! :o
So, this is the Eduard rendition of the Mig 15 in 1/72, recently reviewed right here on Britmodeller. This one being from the Dual Combo kit they do which I bought on a whim at a silly bargain price. :evil_laugh: A bit of PE in the box, some masks, and a few resin stores that are not used on this version.
My first go with one of these Eduard things and golly! I'm impressed. Nicely engineered and the only area you really need to take extra care about is making sure the gun pack and nose all fit nice and snug. Oh, and stick some weight in the front where there is space fore of the cockpit tub. I had some liquid gravity on hand so it was the perfect test for it. :)
Alclad Alu all over. Nose is painted Xtracolor high speed silver where apparently this aircaft had it's old code painted out. The blue bands were applied for wargame duties and I've done them using one of those nice Revell acrylics. So few markings this was the quickest decal session I've ever done! :hypnotised:
Thank you for your attention again. :)
Next up after this one... I think it's back to something with familiar RAF roundels on. Which probably means I'll do an IAF Spitfire. I am so fickle. :lol:
First, obligitory cockpit shot, because just for a change I had a pocket cam handy.
13063943884_7c97a3dffe.jpg
13063745913_2193f1138a.jpg
Then my usual let's not even attempt to pretend it's not a model images. :)
13064134764_2fc2299471_o.jpg
13063820525_e94883c955_o.jpg
13063823415_74506daf51_o.jpg
13063811655_88d712ec10_o.jpg
13063664275_963699e112_o.jpg
Edited by IrritableRabbit
  • Like 16

What a spectacular build. The livery is awesome, the cockpit detail I great, and it's 1/72, and you've subtly weathered it perfectly. Really love this. Top marks

Right ho. Firstly, thanks to all for your time and comments again. :)

You sure it's not 1/32?
Awesome work.

That's crazy talk!..... 1/48th maybe. ;)

What a spectacular build. The livery is awesome, the cockpit detail I great, and it's 1/72, and you've subtly weathered it perfectly. Really love this. Top marks

Cheers!

The dual combo boxing does have a really good selection of paint schemes to choose from. There's a blue chequered one that looks an absolute pig to paint! :shocked:

As for the cockpit. This is the first time I've used one of the Eduard PE sets. You get a small one in the box and it's really rather good. Makes the cockpit easy to make look nice. So props have to go to Eduard rather than me. All I did was add glue, paint, wash and drybrush. :)

Excellent work! Brilliant NMF!

I'm currently working on one with the rockets. Should be ready by next week.

Hope you enjoy the build as much as I did! I look forward to seeing it. :)

Just as sweet looking as your F-89 IR, this modelling 'thing' seems to suit you. Great photos as well,

Sean

The 'Thing' has taken me over.... And no John Carpenter or Kurt Russell in sight. :spider:

But yes... More to come and thank you. :)

Simply stunning! Sensational! I'm running out of superlatives! :goodjob:

Oh go on... I'm sue you could think of a few more. :lol:;) And thank you

Absolutely fantastic job! I could hardly believe it's a 1/72 scale model! :thumbsup:

Thanks Val. Although I'm pretty sure it's down to my lighting rather than anything else. Sadly, or rather happily, I'm sticking with 1/72 as I'm not sure I have the patience for anything bigger. That and I have this horrible thought that I'd make 1/32nd look like 1/144! :shocked:

Nice job. I have one of these in the stash to look forward to.

Enjoy it! These are super little Migs. :)

• Like 1