Zeros 1/72 Airfix Harrier GR1

Hope I'm not bending the rules by joining the GB with this, Yes you can get them for £9.99 including postage, but I bought 3 of them for £20 so basically this one was well under £10 pounds (Ie £6.66 pence)

408834010.jpg

Anyway Cracking looking kit, Cockpit went together like a dream So far I've sprayed the cockpit black ready to detial paint and apply the decals, and the intake trucking is prepainted before fitting.

408954245.jpg

More Soon

Dave

• Like 3

pushed on a bit last night with this, what a cracking kit, fits like a glove so far, (only issue is the tailplane is a bit sloppy, but sure that will stop with a bit of paint applied.

anyway progress so far.

408976532.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks

I'm not worried about detailing cockpits on 1/72 kits, certainly as I close most of them up, so it got a coat of black (the IP decal) and i painted the seat cussions brown. then some silver dry brusing just to give some tones and depth.

I've got a brace of gnats on the bench too, so I'm working on both, need to get some more primer too (Halford here I come!!!) :)

408976528.jpg

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Right time to pick this one up again.

I had a little set to with a can off primer, bought from Home Bargain or B&M by my wife, I never noticed the words HI-BUILD and using it nearly wipped out every panel line on the bird.

So be aware of the wording and avoid this stuff like the plague.

409212515.jpg

I'm just going to spray it as is, with it being a gloss finish on this i'm not worried about the panel lines (as this and the Gnats) are the fist things I've built in a year

So I just want to build something simple and not fret to much over it.

These are now ready for paint.

409212516.jpg

Dave

Yep I knocked the nose probe but it still there and will be glued correctly tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

That primer sounds nasty.

it is, but it will be useful if I have a trench Panel line to fill, with some creative masking!

anyway I put some pain down today, the harrier has had the underside coated with the light gray paint, and I'm now going to leave this 24 hours to dry so I can mask it ready to paint the camo. I don't want the paint to lift so I'm giving it plenty of drying time, as you can see there has been work on the gnats too.

409215832.jpg

Sadly the flash has wash out the colour but it is now gray, over white :)

Dave

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Normal service will resume later today, or tomorrow at the latest.

After masking the canopies I managed to drop both the windscreen and back canopy, found the canopy, but the windscreen disapeared in to another dimention. Anyway having safely stored the canopy, I went to place the back slide of the canopy in place (which I had just painted!) And yep that vanished too.

Dispite having 2 other Gr1 kits, I don't like to open bags before building so £3 to airfix for replacements was no hardship. Problem was they didn't send both bits, so the back slide only arrived yesterday morning. I've decided to mask and glue in place, so paint should be on by tomorrow afternoon.

Dave

• Like 1