Revell H P Halifax 1/72

Hi, here's what I have been working on, Revell kit, Freightdog improvement set, Sky Models decals. Tamiya NATO black and Gunze for the camo. Managed to lose a couple of windows, so I need to get myself some Krystal Klear I guess!. Thanks for looking.

FF

IMG_0258-vi.jpgIMG_0260-vi.jpgIMG_0263-vi.jpgIMG_0264-vi.jpg

• Like 15

I really like that. A good show off of the NATO Black. Yet another model I feel an immediate urge to go out and buy but frankly the stash is to big already, although I can see a set of the Freightdog engines coming sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

It looks great and the Freightdog set has really enhanced the kit no end, but have you mixed up the squadron codes?

ST was 54 OTU equipped with Beaufighters etc but TL-S was a 35 Sqn Halifax, as worn by the RAFM wreckage, although on the Mk.I/II`s the letters were normally grey.

Sorry if I`ve burst your bubble,....it is such a shame as your model is excellent, well painted but Sky Decals are not the most accurate or best researched decals in the world which is why you are often better off doing your own research and not simply trusting somebody else`s research,.....after all we are all fallible!

Cheers

Tony

It looks great and the Freightdog set has really enhanced the kit no end, but have you mixed up the squadron codes?

ST was 54 OTU equipped with Beaufighters etc but TL-S was a 35 Sqn Halifax, as worn by the RAFM wreckage, although on the Mk.I/II`s the letters were normally grey.

Sorry if I`ve burst your bubble,....it is such a shame as your model is excellent, well painted but Sky Decals are not the most accurate or best researched decals in the world which is why you are often better off doing your own research and not simply trusting somebody else`s research,.....after all we are all fallible!

Cheers

Tony

Darn it! That'll teach me to rely on instructions lol! Cheers Tony, not sure I can face a re-paint though!

Cheers

Tony

I was begining to wonder about that one myself Tony , i couldnt find any Halifax sqns with the ST codes :shrug: