1/72 Special Hobby Avro Anson

Finished this last week. Its a nicely detailed kit but took a lot of work to get everything to fit together. Austin 8 car is from Matador models and the BSA motorbike is from the new Airfix WW2 vehicles set:

DSC_0537_zps5474cb40.jpg

DSC_0545_zpsc5e6984b.jpg

DSC_0543_zps9a2f61f3.jpg

DSC_0553_zps4a936018.jpg

DSC_0550_zpsdb2d4024.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Lovely!
How did you do the grass?

cheers. I used a grass mat from a German company Busch:

http://www.busch-model.com/english.htm

I went at it with a pair of twezers and my beard trimmer to make it appear uneven. It comes on a transparent backing sheet so i just painted some foam sheet dark earth and placed it on top.

Absolutely stunning!

Where did the figures come from?

Thanks. The figures are from the Revell ground crew and pilot set, the pilot figure on the motorbike had to be repositioned but they are really nicely detailed.

Thats very good. The Anson is well supported by the vehicles and crew. Sometimes less is more. No clutter with this just a very well done diorama.

• Like 1

Wonderful,

I`ve got a couple of these in the stash but it is the first one that I`ve seen built and you`ve done a great job, nice diorama details too!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

That's a lovely looking little Anson, and the dio sets it all off very well. I've just finished the 1/48th Classic Airframes one in the Training types GB and found that fiddly enough so I'm not sure how you coped so well with 1/72nd.

Max

• Like 1