Airfix 1/72nd BF110C-4/B

Hi all

This is my most recent finished project, a BF110 C-4/B from the new tooling Airfix range. I'm becoming a huge fan of these new new toolings. They are easy to build and have a crispy detail overall, not to mention the decals, very good quality and a lot of stencils provided.

I've built out of the box with no accessories added.

My intention was to represent a plande from the II/Schnellkampfgeschwader 210 Operation "Barbarossa", Eastern front, 1941.

This is what I got:

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

Please feel free to comment and critic (critics are specially welcomed guys!)

Cheers

Paulo

Edited by ArmouredSprue
  • Like 12

Thats a really nice build, with some smart photography to capture it. I'm especially impressed with your canopy frames, these can so often look too heavy but you've shown a very light touch, did you use masks, masking or just a steady hand?

Steve.

Thats a really nice build, with some smart photography to capture it. I'm especially impressed with your canopy frames, these can so often look too heavy but you've shown a very light touch, did you use masks, masking or just a steady hand?

Steve.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the kind words. I mask the canopy using Tamiya masking tape. The secret is to use several small pieces and slowly close the gaps. It is very time consuming and frustating somethimes, it took me 3 days to finish it.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the kind words. I mask the canopy using Tamiya masking tape. The secret is to use several small pieces and slowly close the gaps. It is very time consuming and frustating somethimes, it took me 3 days to finish it.

That I can believe but the end result well justifies the hard work, best of these I've seen & it really does raise it to another level.:)

Steve

• Like 1

Very nice winter cammo.

That hornet (?) marking is my favourite for 110s.

Absolutely stunning. I agree new tool airfix is very nice and great value. Your winter scheme is just brilliant. jckspratt1 I think the marking is a "wasp"

Great effort.... inspiring!

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning. I agree new tool airfix is very nice and great value. Your winter scheme is just brilliant. jckspratt1 I think the marking is a "wasp"

Great effort.... inspiring!

Thanks mate!

This model was a pleasure to build indeed. I just keep stacking Airfix now, compulsively!

• Like 1

Can I just add again that the winter camo was a masterpiece. just brilliant. Also I can see the enhancement from the pre-shading as well and that adds so much to the finished model.

Well done.

• Like 1

Can I just add again that the winter camo was a masterpiece. just brilliant. Also I can see the enhancement from the pre-shading as well and that adds so much to the finished model.

Well done.

Thanks mate!

The winter camo was actually very easy to do, I did a test in my paint pig mirage before spraying in the model though!

Congratulations, a really beautiful model! I believe you must´ve loved building that one. If you feel the need to build another one we have a Bf 110 single type group build starting in november... Regards, V-P