Airfix Hurricane Mk.I (old 1979 metal wing kit) Rhodesian CFS 1945

Hiya Folks,

While building a number of the new fabric winged Airfix Hurricane`s in 1/72nd scale I also had a go at the old 1979 release with `metal wings' and with the help of a SAM resin Vokes filter and Valiant Wings DH propeller and wheels I had a go at replicating a Hurricane which I`ve always fancied doing, one of the silver Mk.I`s/Mk.X`s flown by the Rhodesian Central Flying School circa 1945. All of the panel lines were sanded down and re scribed and after locating photo`s of the subject aircraft which covered each side the anti glare panel was found to be different on both! Anyway enough blubp, here it is;

72-2ll_zpsb1f7b90e.jpg

72-2m_zpsea046599.jpg

72-2i_zps0b4c58b1.jpg

72-2j_zps9bc8fa98.jpg

72-2nn_zpsbcadae28.jpg

72-2qq_zps01a6d944.jpg

It is still a good kit after all of these years but it is quite a chore to box in the undercarriage well, rescribe the panel lines and obtain extra parts such as the Vokes filter, prop, canopy etc so please Airfix,.....can we have a new metal winged one too,.......please,...please???

Cheers,

Tony

PS- I meant to say that I also put the cockpit from an old scrapped Academy Hurricane into it too!

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 10

Interesting and different subject and an ambitious build!

The Vokes filter looks a bit unusual, with that pronounced 'step' around it against the nose surface. Shouldn't it be faired in smoothly, or have I got that wrong?

Kind regards,

Joachim