Kinetic F-16I Sufa - 1/48

Hi gents,

Well... I've started to be bored with my current projects and as an Israeli GB has been opened in my "brazilian modeling forum"... I couldn't resist and opened another box...

The kit

DSC_0173_zpsdecf6803.jpg

Some help:

DSC_0176_zpsf0f92292.jpg

DSC_0180_zps08c48e72.jpg

The progress so far:

DSC_0165_zps5529425f.jpg

DSC_0163_zps3d665a0a.jpg

DSC_0167_zps57f37d68.jpg

F-16ISUFA1_zpsf057e751.jpg

F-16ISUFA2_zps6182bd9a.jpg

F-16ISUFA8_zps23fd7aa0.jpg

F-16ISUFA9_zps1b501c1a.jpg

F-16ISUFA10_zps0e094b6a.jpg

F-16ISUFA11_zps0d0a0e8e.jpg

F-16ISUFA12_zps357335fc.jpg

F-16ISUFA13_zps5ba267ab.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

nice cockpit!

like the seat cushions!

the correction set looks like all SUFA specific parts though!

how about fit?

Hi Werner,

I struggled a bit with the spine. A lot of "dremel", plus hairdryer and milliput. I'm happy so far even the recessed lines are soft... but if I knew (previously) that the most "disturbing issue" is the panels lines which are 3,5 mm backward to where they should be so all details are pushed back 3,5mm, I wouldn't buy it... I could live with that.

Anyway... now I will use it!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good.

I started on the F16F Desert Falcon a couple of summers ago and it reduced me to tears, bad fit, warping, gaps the whole nine yards. Eventually what could be salvaged went into the spares box and the rest into the bin. It has made me steer clear of Kinetic since, I hope you have a lot more success!

• Like 1

Many thanks, Phil!

I'm happy with this experience until now. I think the Kinetic F-16 kit is a good kit with a lot of details. Much better than Hasegawa in this point and maybe just a little better than Tamiya but I have to admit that the fitting is not so great like the others.

Actually I believe the kit has loads of "invisible flash" and this is the biggest issue for bad fitting (IMHO). So now, I'm used to pass my fingers along all edges and if they are sharp I kwon there is flash...

So with some patience and many file (sandpapers and stick file) I believe I will get there!

• Like 1

The big plus for me with the Kinetic F-16 range is the amount of stores left over to put in the spares box. I built one of their F-16s a couple of years ago and yes, there were fit issues, but no more then some other mainstream manufacturers' kits.

I also like the cockpit and particularly the seat cushions, what did you use?

Following this closely.

John

• Like 1

The big plus for me with the Kinetic F-16 range is the amount of stores left over to put in the spares box. I built one of their F-16s a couple of years ago and yes, there were fit issues, but no more then some other mainstream manufacturers' kits.

I also like the cockpit and particularly the seat cushions, what did you use?

Following this closely.

John

Hi John,

I agree with you... there are loads of weapons in the box!

About the seat cushions... I covered them with milliput (really nice stuff for modeling) and then I pressed a sandpaper on it before the milliput dries.