2x Mirage IIIO, High Planes 1/72

Hello,

I recently started the assembly of a pair of High Planes Mirage III kits. The in box review in pictures you can find on my blog: http://lietadielka.blogspot.fr/2012/05/mirage-iiio-nesher-s-high-planes-172.html.

I would like finish both kits as an australian Mirages IIIO in a grey experimental camouflages.

I'm currently working on an interiors.The basic cockpit color is a dark grey Tamiya acryl XF-24. The details are painted by various Vallejo, Revell Aqua and Humbrol Acryl colors.

Mirage_IIIO_02.jpgMirage_IIIO_03.jpgMirage_IIIO_04.jpgMirage_IIIO_05.jpgMirage_IIIO_09.jpgMirage_IIIO_10.jpgMirage_IIIO_11.jpgPavol

Edited by pavolSK
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Gear bay detail work is great, are you using rivet decals for surface detail?

The reason I ask is that these aircraft panels were flush riveted and once the paint was on them it was difficult to see man of that sort of detail. The were a few panels with screws and Dzus fasteners that could be seen.

I was a technician on these from 1983 to 1987 with 2OCU and 77SQN.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Ray,

thank you for your info. Rivets are much reduced now after the surfacer and the airbrush.

Happy to welcome Your comments during this building. This is a unique opportunity for me to have information directly from the expert! :thanks:

Actual status:

Mirage_IIIO_60.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_61.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_63.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_64.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_65.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_66.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_67.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_68.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_69.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_70.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_71.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_72.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_73.jpg

Pavol

Edited by pavolSK
  • Like 2

Really impressive work, I've made one of the high planes mirage daggers in argentine markings, and I know how fiddly some of the parts can be to paint like the wheel bays etc. I really like the paint jobs you've done on these beauties, I might look into getting a couple of these australian versions myself!

Rich

Wow brilliant build of a great subject close to my heart being an Aussie.

Love the Magpie emblem on one of the versions being a traditional Port Adelaide Magpies fan in the local football league in south Australia!

• Like 1

I'm a new member but regular viewer of this forum and this thread. Your choice in subjects is near and dear to my heart and I've built 22 of these High Planes Models 1/72 Mirages in Australian colors. They are fantastic kits.

I like what you've done to them and offer some help with your progress in addition to Ray's comments. The coating on the leading edge of the wing needs to extend further along the wing toward the wing root and tapers forward parallel with the fuselage and not at right angles to the leading edge of the wing. Also the doppler panel under the nose is a more rounded shape at the front and perhaps the rear. I have a number of decals of this so PM me if you'd like me to send you a couple.

Keep up the great work and progress. I love where you're headed with these two...

AGW..

• Like 1

Pavol,

Pretty easy fixes and do let me know if you want the doppler decals. Happy to pass on FOC if they help you out.

I posted my 22nd finish in Ready for Inspection models. You should get a sense of the coating outline on the leading edge of the wing. Cheers and look forward to your next update...

AGW..

• 1 month later...

Hi Wilks,

I have already modified mentioned parts. But a little bit I'm going repair the rear shape of doppler panel.yet...

Currently Mirages are after washing by MiG Neutral Grey and Cold Grey washes:

Mirage_IIIO_76.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_77.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_78.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_79.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_80.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_81.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_82.jpg

Mirage_IIIO_83.jpg

Pavol

• Like 3

Pavol, nice work on the doppler and leading edge fix. Very nice.

They are coming along really well... When you're done with these try the two seater which is equally as nice...

Cheers,

AGW..IMG_2810_zpsc7fb7917.jpgIMG_3013_zps6ede148a.jpgIMG_2453_zps45933ee5.jpgIMG_2452_zps8046a112.jpg

• Like 1