Look forward to seeing this!

I couldn't believe the state the three of them were when they staged through Prestwick.

No wonder the company abandoned the plans to fly a load from Turkey..much to the dismay of many enthusiasts up here!

Richard

• Like 1

A note of caution: the -C didn't have flaps; those are the ailerons and they wouldn't deflect like that. Are you going to do that well used paint job?

Thanks for the info Jessica, I should be able to correct them.

re the paint job - yes i'm going to give it a go, haven't decided how as yet, but that is the plan.

Thanks for the info Jessica, I should be able to correct them.

re the paint job - yes i'm going to give it a go, haven't decided how as yet, but that is the plan.

I think that you would have to do it like it happened! Natural metal finish then camo on top then weather/neglect!

I tried this in 1/72 but did the 'D' using Humbrol metalcote with acrylics for camo. Used sellotape to lift the paint off the metalcote. It worked to some extent but I thought it looked like crap so stripped it all. It is now destined to be faded Danish!

I don't airbrush so perhaps the salt method may work with the bigger scale.

RG

Thanks Richard and HTH. (great photos)

Re the painting Richard, i'll be first off giving it a coat of black primer, then overcoat with silver then apply the camouflage (Xtracolor enamel with spraygun) I'll see how it goes after that.

Cheers

Very intereresting c/s. These pics may also be of interest to you:

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6903563&nseq=9

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6903551&nseq=10

HTH

Hadn't seen these before.Interesting to see the different extent of weathering but look how the wing on the 'C' (second photo) is less worn.I wonder if they fitted a different wing to get it airworthy?

There was a report (which unfortunately I cannot find) which told of the many failures en-route to Kef from Pik and also expressed surprise that they made it!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Brian.

Richard

• Like 1

I wish you luck!

My next model is also Trumpeter's F-100 but D version.

So I am going to watch this thread really carefully.

Maybe it helps me to avoid some construction traps if any.

Are you going to use some resin or PE parts?

• Like 1

Small update...

@ Scimitar...good point regarding the wings, it just seems as though the fuselage is Minging!

@ Solo....No problems so far with the construction, it goes together exceptionally well. Just building it straight from the box, with the exception of adding some odd decals I can find from the spares box, mainly serials as there appears nothing else on these aircraft.

12986659445_fd5c65948e_b.jpg12987069434_ce49feb946_b.jpg

Someone beat you to it ...............http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal13/12801-12900/gal12881-F-100-Massimo/00.shtm

EDIT - Ah someone pipped me to it!

Thanks for the reminder Gary W.....I had to look at "Pipped" Twice.....smile!

BTW its a fantastic model with a first class finish, a finish I will not achieve, but its got an incorrect engine fitted, also the LHS fuselage 'black square' shouldn't be there!

That is a mangy-looking aircraft.

Really, you should do a pristine camouflage job on it, then throw it in the washing machine with a school of piranhas. That's how I'd approach the problem, anyway.

Sounds a good idea to me, I might take it up!

Nice one, is it not Cow Green Reservoir though?

Hi goggsy, It is Cow Green Reservoir, where the other came from, well i can only put that down to a Senior Moment. Anyway the drive over from St John's Chapel to Langdon Beck is simply stunning, then heading down to Middleton and finishing off with a pint in the Strathmore Arms, Holwick, even better!

thanks for your comment.

Back to the land of the living Camper1, although it's Friday again!..........John Smiths Time, i'm keeping off that other stuff, don't want to be falling out the top bunk at my age!

13146062583_01bfe098a4_b.jpg