747-400

Peter at Hawkeye has a number of sets of the previous scheme. Being In Canberra where Hawykeye is based I have access to a lot of QF decals.

He has only updated the A380 decal with the new scheme. I think he will be updating other types when a new printer he is after comes on line later in the year.

You can order direct from Hawkeye, his contact email is on the order form if you want to chat.

Wanula and Nalanji decals have only ever been produced by Brasil as far as I know.

I am also doing a QF 747-8f What If and have a set of pre-production decals to try out, I am using the Kangaroos from the A380 updated sheet fort he tail.

ZvezdaB747-810_zps3bebef2a.jpg

ZvezdaB747-809_zps7c14715e.jpg

Peter at Hawkeye has a number of sets of the previous scheme. Being In Canberra where Hawykeye is based I have access to a lot of QF decals.

He has only updated the A380 decal with the new scheme. I think he will be updating other types when a new printer he is after comes on line later in the year.

You can order direct from Hawkeye, his contact email is on the order form if you want to chat.

Wanula and Nalanji decals have only ever been produced by Brasil as far as I know.

I am also doing a QF 747-8f What If and have a set of pre-production decals to try out, I am using the Kangaroos from the A380 updated sheet fort he tail.

ZvezdaB747-810_zps3bebef2a.jpg

ZvezdaB747-809_zps7c14715e.jpg

Nice build you have going there Trojan.

Do he produce Virgin Atlantic decals also?

I'm enjoying this thread since I'm making a series of 747s at the moment, using some old Revel 747-100s and 747-400s. I'm also making a 747SP Welsh Models kit which looks fine but is a bit of hard work. Since my sight is not flash most of the issues that you folks are complaining about are not of a great concern to me, I'm content that it looks more like a 747 than a Ju52. Which is not to say that I don't know a bad kit if I make one, you haven't made a bad 747 model until you've made a Kepuyuan kit. A couple of points might be of interest.

The Hawkeye decals for the 747-200 are not great because the previous owner of Hawkeye was not always as fastidious as he might have been. I'm told that many of the older decal sheets will be reworked in time and the newly issued by Hwakeye decal set for the Bush Pilots Airways DC-3 that I've just made was more than excellent. Better is the TwoSix set for the QF 747-200. I've already made a Revell 747-400 in Hawkeye QF decals and they were fine. I did manage to pick up a set of decals for Wanala Dreaming so I'll have two QF 747-400s some time soon.

A question. I'd like to make my 747-8I in Air China colours. Does anyone know when that airline is likely to take delivery and if any decal maker has plans for that particular airline.

Leigh Edmonds

• Like 1

A question. I'd like to make my 747-8I in Air China colours. Does anyone know when that airline is likely to take delivery and if any decal maker has plans for that particular airline.

Leigh Edmonds

That's a great question... I was thinking the same about Korean Air and Transaero, too. I've done a Lufthansa 748 and it's my favourite airliner so would love to do all pax versions at some point.

Tom

I'm enjoying this thread since I'm making a series of 747s at the moment, using some old Revel 747-100s and 747-400s. I'm also making a 747SP Welsh Models kit which looks fine but is a bit of hard work. Since my sight is not flash most of the issues that you folks are complaining about are not of a great concern to me, I'm content that it looks more like a 747 than a Ju52. Which is not to say that I don't know a bad kit if I make one, you haven't made a bad 747 model until you've made a Kepuyuan kit. A couple of points might be of interest.

The Hawkeye decals for the 747-200 are not great because the previous owner of Hawkeye was not always as fastidious as he might have been. I'm told that many of the older decal sheets will be reworked in time and the newly issued by Hwakeye decal set for the Bush Pilots Airways DC-3 that I've just made was more than excellent. Better is the TwoSix set for the QF 747-200. I've already made a Revell 747-400 in Hawkeye QF decals and they were fine. I did manage to pick up a set of decals for Wanala Dreaming so I'll have two QF 747-400s some time soon.

Leigh Edmonds

Hi Leigh,

Nice to see you here. I have seen a lot of your work on the ModelArt FB page. Very nicely done my man.

Will you be gracing BM with some of your finished work?

I am sure now that the Revell 747-8i is someone will do a sheet. It seems a lot of manufacturers like Nazca and Draw Decal have already relaesed a few -8i sheets already. I am rather partial to the Etihad scheme on the -8i

Ray

Canberra

That's a great question... I was thinking the same about Korean Air and Transaero, too. I've done a Lufthansa 748 and it's my favourite airliner so would love to do all pax versions at some point.

Tom

Not sure if you are aware Tom but Draw Decal have released a Korean Air Cargo decal for the 747-8f

• Like 1