Airfix 1/72 Short Stirling

Thanks all, it is a bit of an interesting kit to build. It does look great with a bit of TLC though.

That's a beaut! Shame l that hard work is hidden up now. I may have a remedy for you though, painting Klear on canopies makes them appear much more transparent and thin, maybe that will help reveal that nice interior work

Thanks Tabio, the canopy has been polished to within an inch of its life (and the turret glass) then painted with Klear but they are just too thick and the impurities are inside as well as outside. The only alternative is to use vacform canopies but although Jessica very kindly offered me a set I decided the rest of the kit was just too clunky and rough to waste a vacform on it.

It's a big kit for 1/72 and I'm toiling for somewhere to put it. I need to attack my house walls and build more shelves. The only problem is keeping the entire shelf (with all its kits) out of harms way from a nine and twelve year old that are completely blind (they're not actually blind, they just can't seem to "see" anything) and unbelievably clumsy. If they didn't attack life at Mach 3 they probably wouldn't mash everything to a pulp... Including themselves occasionally... Bah! Kids!

By the way, my beloved has just pointed out that the kids are actually nine and thirteen years old.

How am I supposed to remember their ages? They change!

Don't get me started on Dates of Birth (which don't change but the same principle applies).

• 2 weeks later...

Looks superb and I love the finished display - interior work looks great too - never mind it not being so visible, you know it's there and you probably enjoyed making the extra detail as much as I enjoyed admiring it - this takes me back to the detail I added into my wimpy and Sunderland which disappeared forever once the canopy was added to the kits