Crimea news report images

SeanM

I haven't been following the news on the world recently, what's Russia doing in the Ukraine? Great pics though

Hi Mr Grumpylee, I suggest you check out some of the news websites. Any discussion here on what and why could quickly turn into a political debate. I recommend the BBC. I'd prefer keep this thread focused on the imagery of personnel & hardware that is becoming so prevalent on out TV screens over the last week.

Thanks

Sean

Back on Track :thumbsup:

I have made a small Photo of the Modern Russian Helmets, the para and marine helmet have slightly different shapes around the head set bulges.

All older styles of helmets can still be in seen in service at the moment.

_01_zpsd1c9bb25.jpg

Net Photos

This officer looks like a fallschirmjager from WW2

5_zps4f357ddc.jpg

Net Photo

This Ural 6x6 Truck has something to hide, note the mud on the reg plate.

Lots of vehicles in the photos have the plates removed.

The last two numbers on Russian Military vehicles plates, give the area code where it's stationed.

[90] is for the Black Sea Fleet, and the Gaz Tigers seen in the photos have [21] from the Northern Caucasus.

Some Special Forces have their on codes,MDV [11],[15] and[19]. FSB [10] and [12]. Airborne [67].

4_zpsc56bf114.jpg

Net Photo

This officer looks like a fallschirmjager from WW2

He does a bit....

Interesting on the covered plates and the number with suppressors. Thankfully , so far it hasn't escalated and it seems to have quieten down with fewer reports/images coming out....

I saw the extraordinary scene at the airbase,the officer in the picture looked like he really wanted to be somewhere else! but agree very WW2

German look about him.

The number plates have been covered along with the Russian flag on the soldiers uniforms because Putin is alledging that these are NOT Russian military but 'pro Russian volunteers'!! and thus he has no direct control over them.

These fellas look a tad bit shady?

2jgkki.jpg

They're pro-Russian activists, apparently.

When I first saw the TV report with them on, I thought they were some kind of SF. Who knows what they are?

Andy

Edited by TinHead

AN-94... superb weapon... on Call of Duty Black Ops II. :blush: Not sure what it'd be like in the real world tho. Quite a disparate group of uniforms and load-outs there, isn't there? Even amongst the regular forces. :hmmm:

If only the Dneiper Motorcycles were still in army service,Rumour is that after the Berlin wall came down a unit was found in a Polish forrest still trying

to get them started for the invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968!

• Like 3

Back on Track :thumbsup:

I have made a small Photo of the Modern Russian Helmets, the para and marine helmet have slightly different shapes around the head set bulges.

All older styles of helmets can still be in seen in service at the moment.

_01_zpsd1c9bb25.jpg

Net Photos

Have you got no 2's phone no.?

• Like 1

You're right,she looks like the blonde out of Abba, no not Benny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew!...I'm glad you cleared that one up, I was starting worry then!!!

I was married to one like that once. Good looking babe but she used the smoke alarm as a timer.

That's a strange green/blue color the Marines use. Could it be a "universal" (comprimise) color for sea and land?

G

"Vintorez" sniper Rifle suppressed sniper rifle that uses a heavy subsonic 9×39 mm SP-5 cartridge, Subsonic ammunition is used to avoid a sonic boom. The bullet is very effective at penetrating body armor. For this purpose it is equipped with a hardened steel or tungsten tip to penetrate a 6 mm (0.2 in) high-density steel plate at 100 m; a 2 mm (0.08 in) steel plate or a standard army helmet can be fully penetrated at 500 m; however, the rifle is typically employed under 400 m.

Net Info Wiki

svtp1_zps21959d69.jpg

Net Photo