A quick test of the new camera

Mark

Hi all,

I've just upgraded the camera body and went to the local airfield the other day to take a few shots. Nothing special to show, but the resolution on this thing is incredible!!

Original file:

BirdDogOriginal_zps398179b4.jpg

Cropped and edited a bit:

BirdDog_zps408ae27d.jpg

• Like 1

Nikon D800. It's my my sixth Nikon body I think. I started with an FA, then a F90, F100 and then went digital. D100, D300, D700 and now this one, that makes seven. I'm very brand loyal!!

Dave Clark headset! The detail is incredible, this is a crop of the top photo.

030214_1_zpse403962a.jpg

Radleigh, it is awesome! I've got to stick with Nikon because of the lenses that I have acquired over the years, but this beats the pants off of anything I've ever had before!

Thinking of changing from the 7D to the FF 5D3 or the rumour is there is a 7D Mk 2 due soon.........

Cracking resolution there though matey. Is it the one without the anti aliasing filter?

Nikon have some really good cameras and their undercutting Canon price wise, trouble is like Rodders I've got Canon glass you then tend to stay brand loyal to what you have.

Would like the 5DMk3 but it's going to have to come down some first, unless the 7dmk2 go's full frame and is the right price

Don't think the 6D is selling that well, the 70d took it's mantle with what it had to offer, I know it's not FF but I think Canon need something just below the 5d to stay with Nikon at the moment

Don't think the 6D is selling that well, the 70d took it's mantle with what it had to offer, I know it's not FF but I think Canon need something just below the 5d to stay with Nikon at the moment

I think canon will drop the price, or offer some good cashback offers. The 5d3 is a 2012 camera, so historically about a year left to run. As already said, I think they will keep the 7d2 as a crop frame flagship.

I didn't know about the 6D not selling well, not quite sure why that is, it's a very nice camera! Maybe the Mk2 6D will step the game up a bit.

The technology is fast moving for sure!

I got my first Nikon body, the FA; it lasted me from 1987 right up until 1995, when I got my first AF body, the F90. This was 'upgraded' to the later F90X spec by Nikon Service to accept the MB-10 battery pack, but obviously still kept the 1/2 stop metering of the F90 rather than the 1/3 stop of the F90X. After seven years, the F90 gave way to my favourite film body in 2002, the F100. I loved that camera and this was with me until as recently as 2010. So the film bodies all lasted an average of around eight years each.

I took the digital leap of faith in 2005 when I brought a D100, this was replaced by the D300 in 2007. The first Full frame digital was my D700, purchased in 2009 and then the D800 which I got at the end of last year. So four digital bodies in nine years compared to three film bodies over twenty three!

M isn't it. I had a film camera since I was 12, still have it now but I jumped over to digital in 2009 so I had my film camera for 13 years! Bought a 350D, kept that for a year then sold it to make way for 1d mk2 which I still have now, got the 60D late last year and probably will keep that for a very long time. Really want a full frame body, but funds are low at the moment!

I think once I have a decent FF body it'll last me a good 8 years or so, depends what else comes out really.

Just out of interest, where did you get sales figures/ what are your quoting for the 6D?

I'd like to know how popular the camera actually is, as a 6D owner...

The only stats I have seen are from flickr - https://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/

Edited by Jherek

• 4 weeks later...