4f43b5df-9544-46a9-b3bb-c0948dfa35c9_zps

My first effort posted to Britmodeller. I used stainless wire for most rigging.No margin for error on length, This of course ment installing each wire multiple times, Did full rigging inside cockpit, You can't see most of it..... It is also the fault of a friend of mine. I normally work in 72nd scale and not WWI. He brought in the Junkers J1 and now I own four. This is the first one to be completed.

• Like 1

The wire works well - this is an excellent effort. I've been playing with very fine copper, but have given up because it won't stay straight (and the more I try to straighten it, the more it curls!)

WNW are great kits, aren't they?

The engineering is so perfect, I was able to put the top wing in place on the two rear centre section struts alone. Not needed for construction, but amazing all the same. I just rigged a 1/72 scale Snipe with EZ line, easy to use. Next Wingnut-Fokker EIII gets Bob's Buckles and EZ Line. I have some RAF streamline wires from RB productions which I will try on the Snipe kit.

With the stainless, I used side cuters to cut it slightly long, then placed it to see how much to trim off. I used a grinding wheel on my Dremel tool to take off microns at a time. Repeat ad infinitum. I only lost the will to live a couple of times.

I will try to take some more photo's and post them.

Robin