Academy P40 warhawk 1/72

Hi folks,this is another kit that has sat half finished since Christmas so a few days off work and got it done.Great kit,average

decals especially that tiger! the photos have shown up the poor fit of the rear cockpit glazing which I have now sorted.Thanks

for looking.8cfa9f92-83aa-428f-b4ad-fd4d5db219a5_zpsSDC10957_zps94ccdca1.jpgSDC10961_zps9f5fa972.jpgSDC10944_zpscd6cb030.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Steve,

that's again a damn nice model you have finished. It does look very impressive as an Aleutian Tiger, and you've captured that beautifully.

I want to buy this kit when I next see it, but I need to find an aftermarket spinner, as I cannot reconcile the shape on the model with photos of the real machine... But there again it may just be subjective as I have never read anywhere that there was something wrong with the spinner's shape.

But I really like this one!

Cheers

JR

That Tiger 'dec' looks really good especially considering the thickness of Academy decals! It definitely looks the business

fantastic kit Steve, i have this in the airfix build and gotta say the best build for construction of the lot. a very sturdy plane.

Also lover the tiger adds to the build.

glad you found the time to finish as its a corker.

Steve mate...I love it. I've seen three different Academy Warhawks P/40's and I've been building the Flying Tigers version.

I'll post it up soon but before I do your version is a cracker and a great build.

I've got another up the sleeve ....In Australia Academy have released a RAAF decal version and I've got that in the stash!

You might have wrestled the decals but the end result is great.

Well done....look forward to more.

Steve mate...I love it. I've seen three different Academy Warhawks P/40's and I've been building the Flying Tigers version.

I'll post it up soon but before I do your version is a cracker and a great build.

I've got another up the sleeve ....In Australia Academy have released a RAAF decal version and I've got that in the stash!

You might have wrestled the decals but the end result is great.

Well done....look forward to more.

Thanks a lot,I was suprised to find that this boxing had an RAAF versions markings and the aft cockpit parts and glazing to convert it but nothing

on the box to advertise the fact.

Thanks a lot,I was suprised to find that this boxing had an RAAF versions markings and the aft cockpit parts and glazing to convert it but nothing

on the box to advertise the fact.

In Australia they put a sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap on the kit box indicating an RAAF option inside.

Of course I bought one and I'm going to have a crack at that as the local modelling show has a specific "Australian" section and I'd like to have a go!

But enough of that ...your "tiger" is a great version.

Well done again....

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic work! Recently posted an excellent build article by Paul Tomczak on www.thescalereview.com. He uses a series of pre-shading and post-shading filters to achieve a dead-flat and "to-scale" finish.

www.thescalereview.com/.../scale-aircraft-veteran-modeler-paul-tomczaks- spectacular-airfix-early-war-curtiss-hawk-in-172/

Edited by castlegaiden
  • Like 1