Space Probe Voyager 1

Not exactly my cup of tea, but here is my Hasegawa Voyager 1. I built this kit for a lecture my son had at school about our solar system. And I must admit, building small spacey things is fun!

Hope you like it too, thanks for watching.

OD_voyager_01_full.jpg

OD_voyager_02_full.jpg

OD_voyager_05_full.jpg

• Like 23

hi,that looks great,and nice twist as well,was that hard to complete,the p.e.,s a great improvement?

Thanks jetboy. The LVM indeed is a fast improvement over the black molded massive plastic by Hasegawa. It makes building this easy kit a bit harder, but it's worth it.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

That really turned out great, I have the same kit in the stash, also have the eduard photo etch. Have been concerned about the difficulty in build the mast with it being in two pieces and needs a twist. How did you find that when constructing it ?

Thanks,

Paul

1 hour ago, paulj said:

Hi,

That really turned out great, I have the same kit in the stash, also have the eduard photo etch. Have been concerned about the difficulty in build the mast with it being in two pieces and needs a twist. How did you find that when constructing it ?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks!

I am not familiar with the Eduard add on. I used the LVM one. The mast by LVM has some sort of ingenuous self twisting something in it, and it worked remarkably well. Not easy, but with a little patience it turns out light-years better than that black piece of plastic that comes with the kit.

• Like 1

V'Ger! :clap2:

Great looking model of mankinds furthest reaching spaceprobe. :goodjob:

Is there a 1/48 kit of NCC-1701? :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen

• 3 months later...

that is a very good model build. i like that model a lot. so i purchase it twice and thanks god because the first after i started building it i had an accident.
i have also purchased the LVM and the Eduard PE kit's 
do you have the step by step build up topic? :)

Thank you Dive.

I don't have a build topic on the V'ger, but as I can recall, the kit is pretty straightforward. Although all the little instruments are pretty delicate, so handle with care 😉

The LVM boom isn't easy, but with some patience and following the directions it really looks amazing.

8 hours ago, the MDman said:

Thank you Dive.

I don't have a build topic on the V'ger, but as I can recall, the kit is pretty straightforward. Although all the little instruments are pretty delicate, so handle with care 😉

The LVM boom isn't easy, but with some patience and following the directions it really looks amazing.

Hello,

I confirm, I started mine and yes, it goes well. I guess that the most critical point to build will be the longest mast in photoetched.

All the best,

Eric

Edited by Nieuport
  • Like 1