Zvezda 1/100 Stug III - Completed

That looks really cool, I like these Zvezda kits. I got the KV-1, BT-7, and the Pz 38(t) to finish. I will be watching this. And the Pz II btw. Wonder if I can make/find a scale L/70 to slap on it. :D

Kind Regards

Dazz

I quite fancy their 1/100 range as well, may have to get me some; based on your efforts so far, they are crack-a-lacking!!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Speedman you inspired me into giving a try to these kits. At first i thought its a bit like toy, the tracks together with wheels and so on.. So i just bought one to test it.. When you look closer to the parts, these are well well detailed and the tracks moulded together with wheels doesnt hurt the kit at all! Though i wont be able to paint it as nice you do, i m going to have fun with these in future so thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Once you do one it's like an addiction, I just love weathering stuff and for £3 a pop these are just fun kits to practice on. I hope you will have fun building yours :)

The decals are on and I've started the weathering.

2014-03-2618504701_zps3bad2c54.jpg

2014-03-2618503701_zps2c86468c.jpg

• Like 3

Once you do one it's like an addiction, I just love weathering stuff and for £3 a pop these are just fun kits to practice on. I hope you will have fun building yours :)

That looks great! I have a nice stash of expensive 1/35 tanks and at first I thought, why would anyone bother with 1/100 tanks? You've just answered my question - fun kits to practise on. There's loads of weathering techniques I haven't done and want to learn and this looks to be a great way to practise without the time and money invested in a 1/35 tank! Thanks for the ideas!!! I'll be buying a few of these kits!

You have painted and weathered that beautifully. If I hadn't known, I would never have guessed it was so small. Great work! Well done!

Kind regards,

Stix

1/100th? Are you sure? Wow.

I'll get a shot of it next to a penny when it's finished ;)

Almost there! I've painted the tracks and given it a few oil washes followed by some streaking. Just a final dry brush and matt coat to go.

2014-03-3019331801_zps04a355be.jpg

2014-03-3019330801_zpsace5e6c1.jpg

• Like 3

It's finished! Unfortunatly my PC died on Monday morning and I decided to build myself a new one, (Fun learning curve :blink: ) so I haven't had access to Photoshop to crop or resize my images until now. I'm busy tomorrow so I won't be able to get the final photos taken and posted until Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 1