Anyone excited about NEW Tool 1/72 Airfix Supermarine Swift?

Steven Corvi

This one looks be a nice kit. I will have to get this one. How is everyone else feeling about this upcoming release?

Hope they do some more 1/72 new tool Early jet RAF/RN subjects:

-S2B Buccaneer

-affordable accurate Wyvern??

-Swift stablemate: Scimitar(1/48 would be nice too)

-Venom family (something accurate finally would be nice-not the CH abomination)

-Vampire (single seaters)

-DH Sea Hornet

I am sure you guys can add some!!

Steve

Edited by Steven Corvi

Yes I am looking forward to the release of the Swift. I am a volunteer at the Tamgmere Military Aviation Museum where they have a Swift FR5 on display - marked up as WK281 in 79 Sqdn markings. I am an unashamed Hunter fan bit the Swift does have a lovely chunkiness about it. Shameless plug - why not come along and see it and the other treasures at Tangmere!

John

• Like 3

I will when I am in the UK again. I want to visit Yeovilton too to see the FAA aircraft--Sea Vixen!

Steve,

• Like 1

Nice to see the Swift being released - sometimes the releases only seem to be of 'popular' and 'successful' prototypes only.

Agree with the above comments - personally I would like to see more of the obscure planes and re-tooling only of the popular planes. :winkgrin:

I am certainly looking forward to this kit, Airfix are making up a lot of lost ground.

For the future, I think Airfix should bring out an RN/RAF Phantom.

• Like 5

Hey maybe they will do both scales-Heck if it sells Airfix will make it They know a winning bet!

Love the lightning BTW and looking forward to the next version!!

Now how about new tools in 1/72 of these:

-DH Vampire

-DH Venom (Sea venom too-know they will get it right not like the Cybercrap kit)

-SB2 Buccaneer

-FG.1 (RN) & FGR.2 Phantom (even though the Fujimi kits are still nice-But I am greedy)

-Sea Vixen

-Scimitar

I'm very excited, I hope this is the start of Airfix producing a regular stream of iconic British aircraft.

A new tool Comet (1/72 please) and if it's anything near the quality of their Nimrod it would be a real treat.

As far as other new 1/72 tools from Airfix - How about Hunters, Javelins, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Vulcan, Victor and (just for me and my tiny fantasy world) the Miles M.52...

I'd seriously consider buying at least one 1/72 Swift if they get it right.

Considering that Airfix seem to be putting some resources to replacing their back catalog with new tooled versions of old subjects, the following certainly wouldn't go amiss in that vein:

Buccaneer

Jaguar

Tornado F.3

Strikemaster

Javelin

Tucano

• Like 1

I am excited. Great that Airfix are doing subjects from this era. I know the Lightning F6 is following up the F2A but I'd love an F1/F1A/F2/F3 too. All those colourful early schemes.

I think the big one they are missing from the Cold War in this scale is a Canberra B2. Never understood why they opted for the B(I)8 and PR9 instead. Oh, and a new tool Victor would look great next to the Vulcan and Valiant.

• Like 2

Really would like to see Airfix have a stab at the RAF Phantoms, would keep me a very poor man, also a re-boot of the Eurofighter and the Lightning 2 (F35) but the Swift, a big YES to that one, also what about a new Victor, cannot afford £50 on evil bay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by piggypod1

Dont want too many...only....

1/72

scale down Javelin

Buccaneer

JP/Strikemaster

2 seat Hunter

2 seat Lightning

Piston Provost :yahoo:

Wellesley

Venom / Vampire family

Chipmunk

Lysander

Soon or late Airfix will make most of them,im pretty sure,but

please Airfix,make a Piston Provost RIGHT NOW!!!!!! :analintruder::analintruder::analintruder::analintruder:

Ohhh and some Swedish stuff like Viggens,Lansens...

Edited by mmaker

Looking forward to the Swift and would love to see Airfix release a 1/72 Lightning F1 with the 'old kit' 111 Squadron markings.

A2Zee models have released a conversion set for the Airfix Lightning to make an F1 to F3. Looks pretty good and straightforward.

A2Zee models have released a conversion set for the Airfix Lightning to make an F1 to F3. Looks pretty good and straightforward.

it's to convert the F2a model to a F1a or F3. Something Airfix will clearly release in time, ie After the F6 is released.

http://www.a2zeemodels.co.uk/early-english-electric-lightning-conversion-for-f1-and-f3-new-f2a-airfix-kit-6376-p.asp

SO although it probably another great product for A2Zee as it the same price as a F2 kit, I'll hold out for Airfix to release the F1a and F3 kits, only a matter of time.

Dave

Anyone excited about NEW Tool 1/72 Airfix Supermarine Swift?

Steve

there is already a Swift Available, ie the Xtrakit one, so surely Airfix are filling a hole which isn't really there? I have a few of the kits, they don't look too bad to me, or is there something I've missed about them

Dave