My first ever starship. I am more into painting figures than building the kit but I absolutely love Star Trek and couldn't resist this kit. I lookf forward to your constructive criticism and comments. I painstakingly masked the kit for the aztec design. I think the shade of white used was too white, and the grey was too dark. It has made a strong contrast for the pattern which makes it quite interesting. I considered lighting the Enterprise but decided this was a little too ambitious for such an amature.972_zpsb809f886.jpg973_zps1a11ea1c.jpg974_zpsead333c6.jpg975_zpsea3f531a.jpg987_zps0f494772.jpg976_zpsf778b6a9.jpg977_zps9b081d92.jpg978_zpse2b86f40.jpg979_zps6e0a5f84.jpg992_zps2b3039ed.jpg989_zps8b4263ff.jpg993_zpsaf148997.jpg994_zpsfc5e013e.jpg995_zpsa1807ca2.jpg

• Like 4

Like it. Is that Tamiya tape? Must have taken ages to do. I would never have the patience to do that. I am currently doing two USS Reliant kits. One is badly damaged and the other just building the lighting. I have thought long and hard about aztecing but still not sure about the finish. In the movies the aztec pattern is sometimes almost invisible. Are there lights on this kit?

Sorry. As I was saying I dont have much patience and that goes for reading threads properly.

This kit is made for lighting. If you ever do another you can get all the lighting you need from Poundland. They do rear bicycle lights with the HD leds and flasher circuits you need to put in this kit. At a £1 a time you cant make that stuff cheaper. I will never go to Maplin again for Lighting stuff for kits.

Like it. Is that Tamiya tape? Must have taken ages to do. I would never have the patience to do that. I am currently doing two USS Reliant kits. One is badly damaged and the other just building the lighting. I have thought long and hard about aztecing but still not sure about the finish. In the movies the aztec pattern is sometimes almost invisible. Are there lights on this kit?

The masking was definitely a PITA, Rick. It was Tamiya tape and I cut it into different size pieces and made the pattern like a crazy person. After doing one side I'd regretted it but I figured, in for a penny...

BARRY, it didn't come with lights but I considered buying some LEDs like I did with an iron man kit early in my build career but decided it was too complex for me.

Thank you all for your comments :)

• Like 1