Kits I have built so far (image heavy)

annemarie7477

Hi Annemarie,

That is a great collection of models there....

I to am a giant Marvel/Avengers nerd, I have all of the Marvel films ....I am writing this whilst watching Thor The Dark World....

I want to make a collection of Avengers models to go with my Iron Man model which I completed last year....Hope you don't mind me posting a photo of my Iron Man...

IronManMkVII_zps6af5c8db.jpg

Keep up the good work,

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

All great but Smaug is a cracker. Was interested to see your Black Widow as I have the same kit heading toward the painting stage if I can pluck up the courage to make her hair a bit more realistic.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Rick, I am in the process of completing my latest Iron Man kit by Dragon. I have done three all together. The one on the first image I posted,the Mk VI, where all my kits are in a group, I decided to put some LEDs into him. His eyes, chest and hands light up. The second one I did is the same kit as yours I think, the Mk VII I believe and the paint I used was a bit gloopy and didn't brush very well. The one I'm kinda working on now, the Mk XLII, I've decided to spray paint with Tamiya sprays. It's annoying me because I have had to faff with masking funny areas. I will finish it, I'm sure :)

All great but Smaug is a cracker. Was interested to see your Black Widow as I have the same kit heading toward the painting stage if I can pluck up the courage to make her hair a bit more realistic.

Thanks :) Her hair is very tricky and I wish it didn't look quite as glossy as it does as it looks plasticky but i tried using 'natural tones and highlights' as they say in the ads ;)

Wowsa, that's one heck of an entrance! This is a tough genre; it takes a big talent to get that kind of animated look with these guys and your paintwork is really cool. The Treksters are particularly awesome!

I doubt it could teach you much, but there is a competition gallery over on Cybermodeler Online (http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/cult2014/cult2014_gallery_b.shtml) that has some very high quality work with some interesting subjects -might be a few ideas for new projects there...

Welcome, of course; hope you enjoy the Britmodeller thing!

• Like 1

Wowsa, that's one heck of an entrance! This is a tough genre; it takes a big talent to get that kind of animated look with these guys and your paintwork is really cool. The Treksters are particularly awesome!

I doubt it could teach you much, but there is a competition gallery over on Cybermodeler Online (http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/cult2014/cult2014_gallery_b.shtml) that has some very high quality work with some interesting subjects -might be a few ideas for new projects there...

Welcome, of course; hope you enjoy the Britmodeller thing!

Wow! I love your yoda. You must do some more star wars figures eg C3PO (hint hint!) ;)

Wow, thank you for your comments. I will check it out. It's funny you should mention the Star Wars figures, I have been looking at some and C3PO was on my list. Its going to take time to get and start though. You're all very kind, thanks again ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Rick, I am in the process of completing my latest Iron Man kit by Dragon. I have done three all together. The one on the first image I posted,the Mk VI, where all my kits are in a group, I decided to put some LEDs into him. His eyes, chest and hands light up. The second one I did is the same kit as yours I think, the Mk VII I believe and the paint I used was a bit gloopy and didn't brush very well. The one I'm kinda working on now, the Mk XLII, I've decided to spray paint with Tamiya sprays. It's annoying me because I have had to faff with masking funny areas. I will finish it, I'm sure :)

Hi,

I painted my Iron Man using Tamiya acrylic paints (Clear Red and Titanium Silver) and Revell Acrylic Gold.

I would like to get some more Iron Man models.

I will look forward to some of the photos of the XLII you are building. Have you posted a work in progress thread ?

Rick

Hi,

I painted my Iron Man using Tamiya acrylic paints (Clear Red and Titanium Silver) and Revell Acrylic Gold.

I would like to get some more Iron Man models.

I will look forward to some of the photos of the XLII you are building. Have you posted a work in progress thread ?

Rick

Hi,

Not yet but I guess I could do for what I've done so far. I only started posting on here the other day so I'm still kinda new to protocol :) I'll sort out some pics and post it in WIP x

• Like 1

Yoda is fab but I am completely stunned at how good Smaug is, a fantastic piece! Plus the riddler, hand painted question marks, I would have been cross eyed by the time one leg was done and he may have made a trip out of the window!!!! :winkgrin:

Stunning work Anne-Marie and WW2 diorama to boot! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I think your skills at bringing expression to the characters especially the faces is some of the best work i have seen, it brings the models alive, and considering you hand paint them just makes me appreciate your work even more,

Lovely stuff , i love Smaug !! the evil and menace comes across ...Congratulations

Norm

• 4 weeks later...