airfix 1/72 fairey battle

hello all!

after exchanging a few posts with stew dapple who is also building this kit, i realised that i actually had no pics of my finished kit! so today i took advantage of some half decent weather, and took some photos outside.

hope you like!

2rpxmaq.jpg

xdbex0.jpg

2i92nat.jpg

znpuab.jpg

wc24qv.jpg

the wing roundels were from an aftermarket set, whilst the fuselage and tail decals were robbed from a MPM battle kit i have that has three decal options,and one handily enough, is the same as the airfix boxing. also the wing machine gun barrel came from a scrap/spares lancaster i have as it had a better shape the the kit supplies one.

• Like 7

I picked this up last month, but have been wary of it for two reasons: 1. It's pretty clearly a bit of a dinosaur of a kit (which I don't mind of a lot of these old Airfix kits, but I like to space them out), and 2. The canopy. Full credit to you for your efforts on this - at the moment I just can't make myself do it!

When I do eventually do it, I'm going with the Greek markings from the boxing, but I do really like your choice as well.

What a nice build. Quite often the old Airfix kits are a bit of a challenge but they are worth it in the end, as in this case. I have never built kit before so can you please tell how did it go together? I hope this one is on Airfix's retooling list. Well done with this build and I love the nice touch with the ailerons.

Cheers

Ian