Two for the Motherland and a Swiss Stormovik

These are the first models I bought and finished since I moved to Denmark- the Eastern Express/Dakoplast LaGG-3 series 66 and the Zvezda Yak-3, both 1/72.

LaGG3-1_zps14f73c3e.jpg

The Eastern Express kit requires quite a bit of clean-up and filler to get to fit well at the wing-to-fuselage join. I used the kit decals to model it as Yuri Shchipov's mount, but only half of them came off the sheet or worked, with the result that I only decaled one side of the plane (and even then, not fully).

LaGG3-2_zpsbe021cba.jpg

The multi-part canopy fit poorly and I broke one of the bits, hence the pose with the open canopy.

Yak3-4_zpse5ae8938.jpg

Next is the 'snap-fit' Yak-3 from Zvezda, done in (what else) the markings of Normandie-Niemen ace Marcel Albert, one of the kit's options. Sadly, the kill markings were off-register.

Yak3-3_zps58b73b4c.jpg

For a snap-fit kit, it's overengineered.Once put together, there were some unsighlty bumps and depressions due to to the snap fit which I tried to smooth out to the best of my abilities.

Yak3-1_zps3329d059.jpg

I ended up repainting the spinner decal markings as they did not fit very well. Both kits were painted with what Humbrol and Revell enamels I had at hand. The AMT-12 and AMT-11 were made up of different mixes of Humbrol 106, 230 and 165, though for the Yak-3, I used Humbrol 106 alone for the AMT-12. The underside AMT-7 was a 4:1:1 mix of Humbrol 65:Revell 50:Humbrol 165 and the interior a 3:1 mix of Humbrol 165 and Humbrol 230. This was the first time I used Vallejo

Matt Varnish, with the unfortunate side-effect of white streaks or spots. The ones you see are those which would not disappear with re-gloss and matt coating.

Last but not least is the Kora 1/72 EKW C-3602, a Swiss multi-purpose combat aircraft whose Wikipedia article rather generously compared it to the Ilyushin Il-2:

C3602_01_zpsb51f05f7.jpg

Yes, it's the odd one out but I had only one good quality picture of this model, so I threw it in here. By the way, the Wikipedia article doesn't contain the line about the Il-2 anymore.

As with the other Kora kit I built, it's got a lot detail and a lot of small parts. Besides large pour stubs on the parts, the only serious problem was a warped fuselage. The plane was finished in RLM 70 over RLM 65. Some of the kit decals needed retouching, which I hope is not obvious from the pics.

As usual, thanks for looking! Comments are welcome.

Edited by atvd1020
  • Like 2

Great,builds comrade! that swiss aircraft is a one I have never heard of looks like a Stuka/ME110 crossbreed!

To be honest, I had never heard of it until I visited the Air Force museum in Dubendorf (near Zurich) to take pictures of the Bf-109 there :oops:...following that,I found the Kora kit (and the Wikipedia article) and a walkaround.

• Like 1