Kotobukiya plastic

Will Vale

Hi folks,

I just picked up a couple of kits from Kotobukiya - MG Rex and Gunhed - and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm or deny that the plastic needs to be carefully treated?

I read Andy's comments on his Rex build on here/on the RPF and he mentioned some plastic crumbled, and another RPF poster had issues with enamel paint attacking the plastic.

I was hoping to be able to use Tamiya extra-thin, Alclad primer, and Tamiya acrylics (plus others) over the top. I'm guessing the Alclad enamel varnishes are going to be a no-go.

Anyone have any relevant experience suggesting my choices are good/bad? I'll do some tests on sprue anyway but forewarned is forearmed.

Thanks!

Will

When i made REX i used Halfords plastic primer and Tamiya acrilics to pain, then Halfords clear lacquer to seal,

it was the parts where the plugs tended to connect which were held in my friction, so they were putting the parts under stress, it just seemed to crumble at all the articulation joints, having glues it it seems ok now, mind you I haven't given it any kind of through inception or anything of late