Italeri MiG 21 'MF' as a Bis (Academy Repop)

Not unless Mikoyan used woodchip wallpaper for the interior.......

I'll have a go possibly tonight. I might cheer myself up by painting the seat.

I really must crack on with this and stop obsessing with the cockpit......

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

So what has happened lately? Well not a lot! Mojo meltdown (I tend to have these periods) is the culprit aided and abetted by the crinklidge disaster.

Anyhoo.......

A bit of fettling to the cockpit tonight to cure that self inflicted incident has now meant that I am now in a position to crack on.

Also, the front nose/fuselage join to each half needs fettling as there is a distinct join. Anyone else found this problem? So a smear of Plasto was applied. Leave to dry overnight so tomorrow hopefully will mean I can finally paint the cockpit and close up the fuselage.

Photos soon!

Trevor

It never stops amazing me how much effort is spent just into cockpits - and then, sadly, half of that is never seen by 'onlookers'...

Remain patient, Trevor: measured by your post, you've got the worst half of the work already complete. :goodjob:

I've actually made some progress. Yes I know that's a shock but it's still the cockpit!

Tonight I slopped some paint on the bits and pieces. Almost finished, I'll probably stitch up the fuselage by the end of the week and then concentrate on the outside.

Pix......

I know it looks too blue, but in the flesh it's not that bad.

939EFE1B-E4E5-47B5-8E47-C4472F4824EB_zps

4EA4F0F7-1421-4991-914D-31DAB365024F_zps

It may not seem much, but to me it's a relief to think that I can soon start obsessing about the camouflage!

Thanks for looking.

Trevor

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear.....

I'm afraid my mojo and life have got in the way. Whatever mojo I had was used up on the cockpit. It's clear to me that I won't be anywhere near even halfway by Star Wars Day, do I'll declare now that I won't finish on time. I will finish it but not yet.

This is a depressingly familiar pattern for me and if there was a prize for Shelf of Doom Hangar Queens then quite frankly I would win hands down!

I 'need' some quick 'n dirty builds under my belt. Straight from the box, no added value as it were just to get into the habit. I see that I have volunteered for a few group builds in the next year, so I really need a rocket up my derrière to make sure I don't crash and burn on those.

Sorry guys.

Trevor

Sorry to here that as well Trevor.

Maybe we need a "shelf of doom" GB to help clear out some of "those" projects! Hmmm I actually think I have pleanty of subject matter for that GB!! :whistle:

Sorry to here that as well Trevor.

Maybe we need a "shelf of doom" GB to help clear out some of "those" projects! Hmmm I actually think I have pleanty of subject matter for that GB!! :whistle:

There's the annual KUTA build over the new year period. This WILL be built by then!

Trevor

I was actually thinking of those models that lurk in the "box/shelf of doom" that you look at every so often before quickly covering/hiding it again!!

The ones that make you think "what was I thinking!!!!!" before you go running off to find a stiff drink to calm the nerves!! :D

• Like 1