Robby the Robot & GUNTER Robot B9 double bill + surprise (maybe)

thanks guys. Yes, something simple would be nice for a change.

The Dauphin is relatively simple, but I may need to scratch a winch, and the paint job will be extremely difficult. I just did some test fits tonight and the plastic is warped and could be a pain to get aligned properly.

The Islander again simple, but the paint job much easier. I'll need to roll my own decals for both.

I'm still waiting on the Islander to arrive.

I do definitely enjoy the scratch building side of modeling more than joining kit parts together.

I think I shall get my hands on a Moebius 1/6 B-9 later in the year.

That looks fabulous hendie, another top notch build.

Could you have counteracted the heat build up in the legs by submerging them in cold water?

Matt.

Edited by S5 modeller
  • Like 1

I vote the small chopper.

Try lincolnshire round sausabe in a bun with fried onions.

Can't beat a good bit of black pudding either. Fried or raw!

Yes, one can not beat 'proper' Lincolnshire sauages (not the sanitised ones from the supermarket)! I always remember watching the Imps away at Carlise, way back then and the Imps fans chanting our sauages are better than yours!

I'm right in thinking that Lincolnshire is one of the few regions that have a penchant for 'raw' black pudding and battered beefburgers?

Marty..

Edited by marty_hopkirk

Looks nice but am I alone in thinking that these are vastly overpriced, and that they always seem to miss some really obvious parts that would really make a difference to a model?

For example, 1) the knee joints, 2) the control panel inside the front waist window - the one with the tape machine etc., 3) The panel opening on the front of the tread box, 4) anything else.

Looking at this particular one, it seems to me that they've added the "bonus" medallions purely to fill up the remaining space.

I might have considered paying $10 for it, but $30 by the time I pay P&P??? Not a chance buddy, sorry.

Golden opportunity missed in my opinion.

I like Paragrafix products, if only because they fit! Which is not always the case with etch. I guess the price is subjective and we are talking about cottage industry with tight margins. This set will be a boon to those that decided to light their B-9.

Marty...

Marty,

They certainly have their place and some people will get great enjoyment from them, which is fine.

I am probably being overly critical, but in my opinion, for that amount of money, I expect things to have (even a small) wow factor, and the proposed B9 etch was a big disappointment to me when I think of what they could have included - and it wouldn't have changed their costs much, if at all

Cool build by the way, one of the best currntley in my opinion.

Marty...

that gives me a nice warm feeling inside - thanks

That looks fabulous hendie, another top notch build.

Could you have counteracted the heat build up in the legs by submerging them in cold water?

Matt.

That is a good idea. I'll bear that in mind for the future.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing it started

Hopefully soon hendie! Still a bit to do on my Revell Jaguar. Not got as much spare time as I used to as I'm back in the world of work... Watch this space though! :-)