Enter the phantom... Revell from Germany f-4f phantom 1:72

The Phantom wheel wells and speed brake bays were gloss white from Phantom no. 1. The speed brakes themselves are gloss insignia red. The undercarriage legs are white as well.

Ted

ahhhh Phantom's :wub::wub: The RAF should still be using these aircraft just because they are soooo beautiful!!

You're doing an excellent job, loving this build thread!

One of the most beautifull aircraft ever built. Thanks Val.

Greetings

Antonio

• Like 1

The Phantom wheel wells and speed brake bays were gloss white from Phantom no. 1. The speed brakes themselves are gloss insignia red. The undercarriage legs are white as well.

Ted

Copy that Ted, thanks...

I finished painting the front and rio panels.

DSC_2643.jpg

I also started the wiring behind pilot's seat and closed the front fuselage...

DSC_2648.jpg

DSC_2649.jpg

And paint them basically in base flat black and started to detail (painting in other colors) some of the wires...

DSC_2653.jpg

DSC_2655.jpg

While I was waiting for the paint to dry It occurs to me, why not start doing the oxigen hoses for the crew and this is what I got done...

DSC_2673.jpg

Thanks... Tonight I'll finish retouching the front wiring and start the one's behind the RIO...

Greetings

Antonio

• Like 1

You're making great progress on this one I like the Revell Phantoms and have this decal sheet and face the same dilema deciding which scheme to do! Look forward to seeing further progress.

Regards,

Mark

Hi there... my invisible friends... I'm back with new advances on the Rhino...

First the wires and actuators behind RIO's seat... The following pictures will illustrate the process...

DSC_2657.jpg

DSC_2661.jpg

DSC_2663.jpg

DSC_2671.jpg

Another view from the right

DSC_2668.jpg

And the left

DSC_2669.jpg

Although it is not finished here are some pictures of the overall looks of the nose with the bang seats on...

DSC_2675.jpg

DSC_2676.jpg

DSC_2677.jpg

DSC_2684.jpg

DSC_2678.jpg

That is all for now... I will finish painting and adding a little more detail tonight. Let's continue in the nose modifying the nose gun and improving it a little bit...

Thanks for watching.

Greetings

Antonio

Very nice cockpit !! You've got me interested in following this build! Making me feel like getting out another F-4 from the stash -- love seeing such nice work in 1/72. The best scale !

Hello my dear invisible friends...

firstly, thanks NavDoc for your kind comment...

Yesterday I have some advances related to the engines... Both intakes and the inferior engines doors...

First the intakes compresor fan... no so much to tell here... just black and steal dry brush...

DSC_2672.jpg

When I tried to close the two halves of the fuselage I found to be a gap so I filled it with a stretched sprue bar...

DSC_2667.jpg

Now, this is a view from the botton of the aircraft...

f-4e_kurnass_223_tieso_11_of_18.jpg

f-4e_kurnass_223_tieso_10_of_18.jpg

f-4e_kurnass_223_tieso_06_of_18.jpg

And this would be my version....

First, cutting the flat surface and turn it into a partially round one...

DSC_2747.jpg

Now we have a more accurate profile for an engine...

DSC_2751.jpg

And once we have that we start adding pipes and wires.... this would be the result for two hours last night...

DSC_2792.jpg

Tonight more work and I'll be posting the results by tomorrow.... you can see that I started the main wheels wells so tonight more work on that area...

Thanks for being there...

Greetings

Antonio

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks... long time don´t see you... It´s being hard to post in past days but I didn´t mean the phantom got delayed. I bring some new pictores about the main gear whells... prior of painting this is the aspect of the final version of them...

DSC_3190.jpg

DSC_3189.jpg

also the engine access doors...

DSC_3192.jpg

I also started the front gear whell by adding some structural vanes and adding some detail and tubing...

DSC_2712.jpg

DSC_2710.jpg

Regards

Antonio