This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Stew Dapple

Airfix 1/72 Belgian Fairey Battle - FINISHED

Top effort Stew. If you were to do one thing - shorten the prop shaft so it sits right back against the nose cowl. ( sorry me being finicky), but it will look right.

Hats & Hussars from me

Jonners

Paul, Stix, Martin, Wolwe, Max Henrik - thank you all :thumbsup:

Jonners - you are right of course, the 'prop shaft' thickens at that point so I had assumed that is as far in as it should go (and of course I just took this to be a fact without checking it against a photo :owww: ) Unfortunately the only options open to me are to 1) push the propeller in if I can and risk cracking the fuselage join or 2) snip the prop off, trim and re-fit it and have the prop-stopper rattling round inside with nowhere to exit... can anyone come up with a better plan?

Mark, thanks again, I'll be starting my third build shortly, hope that's okay? :)

Cheers,

Stew

Looks superb, even more so when you consider the kit it originated from.

Rob

Mark, thanks again, I'll be starting my third build shortly, hope that's okay? :)

Cheers,

Stew

Do you even need to ask. :hobbyhorse:

Do you even need to ask. :hobbyhorse:

:whistle: Thanks Mark, I had already started :lol:

Rob, thank you very much, it went together well enough and was a pleasant stress-free build, and in the end it looks pretty much like what it is supposed to represent so long as you don't look too closely :D

Cheers,

Stew