T-28D, Royal Laos Air Force, Late 1960`s

• 1 year later...

Nice one, Russ. I'm revisiting this thread after researching RLAF C-47s for a forthcoming project which led me to reading a whole lot more about the 'Secret War'…..I'm now very tempted to look at the T-28D too.

Well done…..and I look forward to seeing more of your COIN specials..

• Like 1

Excellent build and presentation, how did you get this one on its three legs ?

( yes, i know, with weight but there is not much space )

Hi Bernd, lots of lead shot down the side of and above the nose wheel well, reinforced the nose undercarriage leg with a bit of wire too.

Thanks to all for looking and comments

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent build!

What are the types of gun pod does T-28 use?

Thanks docipaul, the T-28 ( this is from the Squadron In Action book ) gun pods, same as the T-28 A, B & C versions, that is Twin 0.3 Calibre, 100 round 0.5 Calibre and 500 round 0.5 Calibre types plus the T-28D-5 ( which the model is ) had built in 0.5 Calibre Underwing Gondolas with Ammunition Bays in the wings.

The Roden Kit comes with the 100 round and Gondola types in the box. I`m afraid I don`t know the manufacturer(s).

Thanks docipaul, the T-28 ( this is from the Squadron In Action book ) gun pods, same as the T-28 A, B & C versions, that is Twin 0.3 Calibre, 100 round 0.5 Calibre and 500 round 0.5 Calibre types plus the T-28D-5 ( which the model is ) had built in 0.5 Calibre Underwing Gondolas with Ammunition Bays in the wings.

The Roden Kit comes with the 100 round and Gondola types in the box. I`m afraid I don`t know the manufacturer(s).

02_zpssswvlacm.jpg

I'm planning to build another 1/72 T-28D but need dimention of the gun pod, many thanks.

• Like 2

02_zpssswvlacm.jpg

I'm planning to build another 1/72 T-28D but need dimention of the gun pod, many thanks.

I don`t know of any specific aftermarket gun pods, but maybe you could modify some off a Me-109G, they seem similar ? (for the built in gondola type at least.) or is there a t-6 Texan kit or aftermarket you could use them from?

Really nice Trojan BTW