1:72 - Lightning T.4 and T.5 from Sword

Navy Bird

Hallelujah. Thor's benevolence knows no bounds. Out comes the Warpaint title. So LTF, 145sqb, 65sqn, 2Tsqn, ETPS, Akrotiri station flight or all of the above!? Hope they follow these up with a new F1/F1A/F2/F3.

Exter

What is the difference between a T4 and a T5? Is it just the fin? If so, the plastic contents of both boxes might be identical. This is true of Sword's Harrier T-birds.

Externally? The fins were different and the T5 had the extended cable duct. Also the little air intake on the spine should not be on the T4 (it is in the artwork!!). Also.....the T4 would have had intakes and vents similar to the F1a, whereas the T5 would have had those on with the F3. The T4 could only use Firestreaks, whereas the T5 could use the Firestreak and Red Top. Internally? Now thats a different matter! The Instructors throttle controls were moved from central to r/h on the T5 .

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 1

I like this scheme, just something about EE Lightnings and red that makes them appealing

I thinks someone else makes a T4/5 resin conversion but it eludes me at the moment. It should fit the new airfix kit with a little tweaking but of course someone will bring out a proper conversion. From what I know the Matchbox is not all that inaccurate it might be worth some hacking as well

The only problem with issuing a conversion kit, for a T4 or T5 would mean that very little of the host kit would be used. A proper conversion would need not only a new nose and spine, but wings as well..this would all add to the overall cost, especially in resin....

We are definitely getting closer to having an early mark single seater though. It will be interesting to see how Sword have broken down the components, that'll tell us whether a single seater is on the cards or not. If the front end and forward part of the spine are separate (it'll make those kits more difficult to make but...) then the odds are they have at the very least an F3 on the way. If they have captured the differences in the vents and intakes between the T4 and the T5 then we could be looking at the F1/1A as well. Fingers crossed!

Duncan B

• Like 1

Sounds like Lightening fans have discovered a hit--is there an index somewhere of all the 72 kits , listing the problems of each? Can we safely just buy this new one and know we have accuracy?

Are we going to see spruce shots before it's released?

Hope so. It would be interesting to see the breakdown of parts and whether we are likely to see future releases of the F1A/F2 and the F3. Here's hoping.

Spruce shots now available for viewing!

433px-Picea_abies.jpg

net photo

Sorry. I really tried to resist doing that, honest. :coat:

Treemendous..................... I'm pineing already :tease:

• Like 4