1:72 - Lightning T.4 and T.5 from Sword

Navy Bird

This one came out of left field for me, I haven't heard anything about this. Apologies if this has already appeared.

New Sword 1:72 Lightning T.4 (Kit SW72079):

Screenshot-2018-4-2 1 72 - Lightning T 4 and T 5 from Sword

New Sword 1:72 Lightning T.5 (Kit SW72080):

SW72079

(pictures from www.ksmodel.pl)

My heart is racing - how about yours?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 6

Oh still my beating heart! :yahoo: I do hope these aren't based on anything to do with the Trumpeter?Neomega conversion sets. Sign me up for several of each (OK didn't I learn anything from buying so many Trumpeter kits before actually seeing one?).

Great artwork by the way, that'll sell copies all by itself!

Duncan B

Hmmmm, better finish that Airfix/Aeroclub conversion I started about 4 years ago then...!!

Box arts are lovely, hope the kits match up, but I learnt my lesson with the xtrakits Sea Vixen Duncan - I'm waiting till others buy & pass judgement this time!! :D

• Like 2

Great box arts, just wished that Airfix had got there first, but it will not stop me getting one of each. If it is like the current releases from Sword I wonder if it will come with resin and PE bits. Also I wonder if Hannants will be releasing them under their Xtrakits label.

Robert

Edited by Robert

This is exciting!

I wonder if Sword or Airfix will get to the F.3 version first.

I've got a Modeldecal sheet with 64 Sqn. markings set aside for a "What if" Lightning build.

An F.3 would be my first choice, but the T.5 would do in a pinch. The smaller belly bulge is the important aspect for me whichever way it goes.

Nothing on Sword's web site yet (at least that I could find), but this has just appeared on the SAM Facebook page. I wonder if they're just re-posting this thread? There is no additional information, just these photos (which came from the KS Model web site).

The artwork is beautiful, and definitely says Sword! Their recent release of the two Banshee kits came out of nowhere, too. I don't recall any pre-announcements.

Nonetheless, I'm as giddy as a schoolboy! WOOT! Or is it WBOT in this case? :)

Cheers,

Bill

Wow, & I haven't bought a Matchbox T.55 & Airfix Mk 3 to kitbash. :D These things normally only come along after I've done that sort of thing. I can defo see a T.5 in my future if the reviews are good. :)

Steve.

I've got that kitbash in my build pile at the moment, I'd best get back on it.

I will definitely be buying a few of these ( if they are true and accurate)

:wow::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Praise the lord! Yep this will be another expensive year, only that's the kind of kit that will pull me out of my current modelling doldrums!

That's definitely Sword artwork!

Thing is, who's already thinking about cross kitting this with the Airfix kit to make the early airframes. Hope I'm not the only one that thought that. Oh there is the strong possibility of those being released by the MPM conglomerate!

Best news of the year for me so far.

Martin

• Like 1

:wow::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thing is, who's already thinking about cross kitting this with the Airfix kit to make the early airframes. Hope I'm not the only one that thought that. Oh there is the strong possibility of those being released by the MPM conglomerate!

Nop, I'm not doing that again in a hurry: (Shameless plug) http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234955535-airfix-lightning-f2a-conversion-to-f1/

Duncan B

p.s. You can thank me when they announce the early marks as I stick the last of the decals on this one!

Nop, I'm not doing that again in a hurry: (Shameless plug) http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234955535-airfix-lightning-f2a-conversion-to-f1/

Duncan B

p.s. You can thank me when they announce the early marks as I stick the last of the decals on this one!

Dinnae worry min, I will!

Mark.

• Like 1