HobbyBoss 1/700 HMS Astute - FINISHED

Here is my second entry into the LTAT GB friends, Romans and countrypeople - the lovely (and supremely quick to build by the looks of it) 1/700 HMS Astute - by HobbyBoss.

The photo is a quick shot from the fluorescent lit, kitchen worktop; it's a grubby day, not much light about!

kit-shot_zpscb804f0c.jpg

A grand total of 20 parts on this so should be super quick - a cheeky dry fit of upper and lower shows a perfect fit, coupled with crisp detail.

The submarine is about 120mm long in total; as I wait for my Japan parcel to arrive this will keep me going, (as well as finishing off the Challenger).

Pete

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 1

Just slapped top and bottom together - bit of a lip on one side, no problem for Mr and Mrs sanding sticks!

Will post pics once more bits glued on tomorrow.

Have a good evening all.

• Like 2

Managed to get all 12 parts glued on now, sanded, filled and primed - just hope the line does not look as severe when painted (the truth of cameras, damn them!)

primed_zpse4896f69.jpg

• Like 1

Todays update, nice and simple;

Base coats applied - 2x thin Revell Aquacolor anthracite (don't like black base coats...too...err....well, black), then a thin wash of Vallejo black ink. Leave it to dry overnight and hopefully tomorrow start on the details for this little gem.

base-coat_zps73545f89.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, painting done, a bit of a mess on the join line though, my fault, not the kit, I should have taken a bit more time on it. the paintwork is glossy - due to decals adhering better to a gloss surface. Once all decals placed and cured then a satin coat will go on.

rtd-2_zps0c6740c9.jpg

rtd-1_zps32b90652.jpg

I have done most of the decals after taking these photos, will finish off tomorrow!

Shelfspace, be really careful with the decals, they split very easily and are a nightmare to place straight; if they tangle up (as some of the long strips did), then put them back in the water/solution and sort them out - scoop them back up again with a long piece of decal card and try again - I have got half the decals on and it has taken two hours to get them on!

Back tomorrow with the finale!

• Like 1

Ok. she is finished, I tried to paint the areas where the line decals broke up - not 100% successful but satisfactory in this scale :winkgrin:

Overall, pretty happy with this simple build - now onto the mobile suit!!

fin-3_zps679caa1b.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...