Amodel Yak-28PP reissue w/publication

atvd1020

Along with the Il-40, I ordered this reissue of the AModel Yak-28PP last week (still to arrive) which contains a monograph on the subject:

http://www.modelimex.com/1-72-yak-28pp-publication

Searching for information on the publication revealed that it was a walkaround by V. Roman (http://www.aeroteca.com/continguts/productes.php?llengua=en&codi=11729)). How authoritative is it, and does it contain 1/72 scale plans?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Edited by atvd1020

V. Roman is the 'nom de plume' of Valeriy Romanenko, the curator of the Ukrainian State Aviation Museum in Kiev.

This book was originally published in 2000 and does include 1/72 scale drawings. It's the most authoritative (i.e. only) work on the Yak-28PP available in English.

I will admit to a commercial interest in the project. I edited the English text and have a couple of copies signed by the author left in stock and available for sale at US$18 plus shipping!

www.lindenhillimports.com

• Like 2

I have the book... I bought it from HobbyTerra a good many years ago :coolio:

It's rather good - it contains most everything a model builder needs to do a spot of extra detailing/improve the Amodel kit (I have all the Yak twin engine kits Amodel has produced) including good scale drawings.

The Yak twin engined family looks like something out of Flash Gordon - Soviet heavy metal at its best :pipe:

• Like 1

Completing any of the Amodel Yak-25/27/28 family is character building.........

I have all of them in the stash - but I've only done the Yak-28P so far.....

yak-28p_01.jpg

I'm trying to summon up the courage to tackle the rest........

Good luck with your PP.....

Ken

• Like 5

I have the book... I bought it from HobbyTerra a good many years ago :coolio:

It's rather good - it contains most everything a model builder needs to do a spot of extra detailing/improve the Amodel kit (I have all the Yak twin engine kits Amodel has produced) including good scale drawings.

The Yak twin engined family looks like something out of Flash Gordon - Soviet heavy metal at its best :pipe:

Hmmm, maybe Flash Gordon or Thunderbirds! And nice build, Ken.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

I am slowly collecting the 'set' of Amodel Yak-25//27/28 family. Must have a go at one soon, they are just so.........Soviet!

I have the Aerofax by Yefim Gordon, which is pretty comprehensive, although the plans are not to 1/72.

Nice model, Flankerman.

• Like 1

I've often thought of putting a Yak-28 and a Su-15 into the same box, shaking it - and coming out with a Yak-28-64......

800px-Jak-28-64.svg.png

.... but first, the other Yak Twins.

I photographed this Yak-28L at Kubinka.......

day2_004.JPG

.... and the Zadorozhnie museum has this Yak-28P displayed on stilts in the trees !

day5_010.JPG

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 2

Interesting news, maybe I should buy the kit/book combination.

I have the Yak-27R in the stash and I've not found the courage yet to start this. I can see a long struggle ahead everytime I open the box...

Guess that the Yak-28 kit is of the same quality ?

Edited by Giorgio N

• 2 months later...

The book/kit combo looks promising. I wish Amodel would re-issue the Yak-28P, of all the Yak-28 family I think it looks the nicest and I haven't been able to find a kit of it for sale over the last year :(