Short Skyvan - FINISHED

So we going with a WIF and it is a island hopper some where in the Pacific and has been slightly transformed inside

to carry people and freight. I have had a rummage through my unused decals and have a few ideas but will wait till I have

the body together before I make a final decision.

2014-02-11_21-35-22_900_zpsb7af5608.jpg

• Like 1

A lot of the bits have been broken off in the box over time but I will take some shots of the parts that I have not already glued.I am

in the process of glueing the main body parts together and man is it a pain in the @ss :badmood: here is a shot of the interior before

the fight began.

2014-02-12_17-54-50_661_zps114e87db.jpg

• Like 1

I remember this when I was much, much younger...and it conjures up memories of the DHC Otter too.

Nice choice and a shame about the decals...but you've made a good start and I wonder what the whiff will be! :)

You know I was just looking at a picture one done up as a Thai police and it looks really good.Right here are the parts shots and as individual parts they

look good with very little flash and so far the fit has not been bad,the main side panels just seem to have warped a bit over time.

2014-02-12_21-22-11_478_zpsf9305531.jpg

2014-02-12_21-22-27_174_zpsdbcc5fce.jpg

2014-02-12_21-23-00_607_zps951a6748.jpg

2014-02-12_21-24-03_750_zpsd8f9ef33.jpg

I will not be using most of the glass as it is really bad so I will try some of that liquid glaze stuff

• Like 1

Finally got the body together and am now trying to clean up the joins without doing to much damage to the raised rivets,I took a few

shots with the wings dry fitted and even though I got as much lead in the nose as I could you just have to look at it wrong

and it turns into a tail sitter so got to get some more weight in it some how.

2014-02-13_21-06-14_206_zps478f15cb.jpg

2014-02-13_21-06-04_517_zps8c160330.jpg

2014-02-13_21-05-27_684_zps2868764b.jpg

• Like 7

Lookin good.

Is there room in the front of the engine nacelles to put some small lead bits in? That may be just enough to persuade it to keep the nose down if its just about balance point now.

I used to live overlooking Shorts in Belfast and use to watch the 'Five Ton Budgies' going on their test flights.

I've got a couple of Skyvan kits tucked away somewhere. Got them at a very reasonable price on the Bay of E !. This was a very nice kit when it was released and, it still is. One of Airfix's best at the time. A pity it hasn't (yet!) been re issued. Maybe it wasn't a good seller? An SD-330 to go with it would have been nice

Allan

I have hit a bit of a bump in the build for some reason my joins just seen to be randomly splitting,I'll put some primer on go away and

come back later only to find a join has started to split,so re glue re primer come back and it has happened some where else.I don't know

if it down to old plastic or the fact that my glue is almost finished (plastic weld) and for some reason that has an effect on it :shrug:.All I

can say is that the next one to go is not getting fixed otherwise I'll never get it painted.

That is weird, Plastic Weld is usually the business... perhaps as you say it is getting to the end of its natural lifespan, have you got a back-up bottle? If the problem is the plastic that's a whole different issue, but hopefully you haven't had it happen again since then?

Cheers,

Stew