NKC-17A

Radleigh

Afternoon gang,

I bought this kit (Revell 1/144th C-17) when Home Bargains had them for £7 (or £8, I can't remember the price?) a few months back, I bought it to convert and generally play around with modifying.

No photos yet, but i'll get some up a bit later on. Fuselage half's are joined and I'm now just getting all the seams sorted, ready for some lumps and bumps to be added..

until later....

Radleigh.

• Like 2

sounds interesting!

You've got me with the designation code though?

But while trying to figure out I found some super cool pics of an US Navy NC130H, didn't know they put an "AWACS" style antenna on one of those!!!

there's a cool next project for you!

http://users.telenet.be/C130/C-130otherpicturesdeel3.htm

Cool! I'm doing something similar with an EC-135. Like, what if Boeing decided to re-manufacture the C-135 series with composite materials. Sanded all of the reinforcing bands off, adding a few lumps and bumps, adding a long fairing to both sides of the fuselage, and some other stuff. Bigger engines. Winglets.

Stuff like that. I guess the story goes that the Air Force wanted to replace the E-8Cs with something more modern. But, instead of spending billions of dollars on a new airframe, they would open back up the production line for the C-135s and manufacture them with composites.

• Like 1