Eduard MiG 21 SMT 1/48

_H_

Ok, just to show progress is happening I have got the MiG all primed up ready for paint: (excuse mess)

temporary-6.jpg

Hopefully get started tonight with the dialectic panels!

Howard

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've not had a lot of bench time recently but last night I got back on the SMT, in fact I sprayed all the top colours in one sitting!

Free hand with Gunze paints as per instructions so may not be as accurate as you guys with the Akan stuff. I quite like the look of it though!

temporary-9.jpg

temporary-8.jpg

Wife is out with the girls tonight so hopefully get a lot more done!

Hope you like

Howard

Cheers Phil,

Yeah I really want to get this done for the deadline! The decals are scaring me though, LOADS of stencils!!

Howard

That is looking good, but yes the stencils, I still have not finished putting them on and it is now day 4 of applying them.

Darn it Jabba don't tell me that!! :D

I got some serious model time in last night, 9pm till 3am so all ready for decals now!

I must admit I was hoping to have this done for Wednesday but it looks unlikely I think.

Howard

Once again apologies for poor photo but only about 60 airframe stencils left to do now!

I've resigned myself to the fact that my own wednesday deadline is now unlikely but I think I should be able to finish it for the actual GB deadline.

Really enjoyed this build!

temporary-11.jpg

Howard

Trevor,

I think you're missing two additional stencils near....

Don't worry, was just a joke: very nice work, and I'm happy to see you brought it this far. Now just the last few things, and you'll be there. ;-)

• Like 1

HORRAY!! My decal work here is done!!

I feel strangely void now ;(

Anyway, home stretch now, I have created a list of the finishing items :D

temporary-12.jpg

Howard

Thanks Gentlemen! :)

I normally only do a list up near the end just to stop forgetting something......doesn't always work!!

The list itself is considerably smaller now, in fact (touches wood) if all goes well she'll be finished tonight!!

Howard