Revell 1/72 Gannet T.5

Hi everyone, Recently just finish my latest project for the training type group build, where you'll see my WIP for this build.

Here is the finished result.

Decals are a little tough to settle, but soon after some solution settled down better. The original clear parts were broken in the box and replaced by Revell but have a nasty seem straight down the middle of the canopy parts, a little annoying to remove. but i'm please with the results, especially since its all painted in Tamiya acrylics. even the metal.

photo35_zpse0e73aa5.jpg

photo41_zpscbc3465f.jpg

photo18_zps76ebaccd.jpg

• Like 16

Very nice, well done, a great but understated a/c, I took a cat ride in the no 3 seat in a Gannet COD from the Ark mid 1975, fan bl**dy tastic the old girl was brill, landed at Cludrose, back to the Ark in a Seaking (with the mail) Thank you

RR

• Like 1

That looks lovely!

Very nice, what about the acrylics, brand and colour? Still not sure yet about which colour to use on mine.

Alex

Tamiya acrylics Alex, they are not too bad at all

Nice gannet! How does this kit compare to the Trumpeter one? I have that and I think I'll give it a go after seeing this!

I've not tried the Trumpeter one as of yet, but i'd hope they did a better job on the clear parts. fit overall is not bad, no struggles I can think of at all.

• Like 1

Tamiya acrylics Alex, they are not too bad at all

Thanks, I tried them a few times before. In fact, very good to handle, but I sometimes feel it looks a little bit "grainy", that's why I try to look for an alternative.

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, well done, a great but understated a/c, I took a cat ride in the no 3 seat in a Gannet COD from the Ark mid 1975, fan bl**dy tastic the old girl was brill, landed at Cludrose, back to the Ark in a Seaking (with the mail) Thank you

RR

With apologies to ThePureness for hijacking his thread (very nice Gannet, BTW!), can you remember anything about the interior of the aft cockpit area? We had a thread a while back where it looked as if on the COD.4 some of the kit was removed and additional seating installed. In your story it sounds as if you sat in the normal no 3 seat. Can you shed any light either way?

• Like 1

Very nicely built and a lovely colour scheme. Every collection needs a Gannet or two. The canopy seam is annoying but can be sanded then polished out as you no doubt found. Andrew

• Like 1

I love both of them...well done you two.

As to the canopies having that seam...I've picked up 5 Revell kits and one of the canopies was split. Noting abat's comment above; how would you glue the two halves back together? I was thinking about using 'Micro Kristal Klear' and then polishing with toothpaste (Thanks Gengriz) and a dip in Humrol's version of Johnson's Clear - having got nowhere near building any of them yet, but do you think this approach would work?

Nobby my canopy was split on this kit. I was given contact details to get replacements from revell, I'll Pm them to you tonight once I find them. Took about 5 weeks but I got them.

Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

• Like 1

Nobby my canopy was split on this kit. I was given contact details to get replacements from revell, I'll Pm them to you tonight once I find them. Took about 5 weeks but I got them.

Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

Thank you very much...that's jolly decent of you, but you really don't have to on my part.

It's that Dept X again isn't it? Bit like Area 51 to me...all alien and time warped: 5 weeks did you say!!!!!! :-)