Sherman Firefly Vc 1/35

beefy66

Started on this a while back but just got it back down from my shelf of shame I have started to add texture to the turret and transmission cover added an Eduard aluminium barrel and drilled the side skirt holding holes

Picture_04011.jpg

IMG_000816.JPG

IMG_000718.JPG

• Like 3

Mr Burns the tank is not yet completed still a lot to do this will be a build log showing my progress so far and what I have added to the base kit working on correcting the weld seams at the minute as most kits come with the hull welds as reassessed but in fact they are not so I,am in the process of filling in the gap with plastic rod and using a heat needle adding the weld texture when I have done this I will then add the tools and some Legends stowage then paint and weathering before making up the tracks and adding those.

Keith

• Like 1

Peter thanks for the advice will have a look into that cheers

Small update with weld seams added and some extra track armour on the front plate this track is from the Legends stowage set.

IMG_000119.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well I have had this one on the go for a while now and have just got round to putting the tracks on I will have to stop jumping between builds so that I can remember were I,am at with a build :banghead:

Any ways tracks on and painting started with Olive Drab primer a little pre-shading with dark grey and a coat of dark Green and yellow green mixed

IMG_02305.JPG

IMG_02338.JPG

IMG_02375.JPG

Should get this done by the weekend will get the details painted and Decals on tomorrow then the good bit the weathering not to much as this will be a just landed tank around 2 - 3 days after D-Day

Beefy

• Like 2

Thanks Foxy but I have just noticed that I have put 2 different reg numbers on the sides will have to paint over one side and re apply the right one OOPss :banghead:

That,s what happens when you try and rush things :weep::weep:

Beefy

Lovely build mate.

Nice subtle weathering there and just enough Stowage for its depiction of 2-3 days off the beaches IMHO.

I don't suppose you painted it with a type of paint beginning with V did you!

Excellent work.

Cheers

Big K

Lovely job again there Keith - those "V" paints you're using are getting some hammer, you'll be topping them up shortly. Seriously though mate, it's looking great! :goodjob:

Well calling this done now figure in place aerials added and the final bit of weathering and put on a simple little base.

IMG_02545.JPG

IMG_02556.JPG

Any comments or suggestions for improvments welcome

Beefy

• Like 3

Lovely job mate, as usual! Another one for the table with the rest of the "green allied section". See you soon.

Thanks for the kind words Gent,s I am quite pleased with the way this one has turned out I tried a couple of new things and they worked well for me so all in all not a bad little project

Now i have to get back to that meter length of cobbles on my dockside OOh what joy :banghead: nearly as good as watching England play :hanging:

Beefy