Heritage Aviation SA Bulldog 1/48th

Graham77

Having seen all the great Airfix Bulldogs coming together I am going to take the plunge and go fo rthe Heritage resin kit. I have had it for a while and was lucky enough when a student to be on East Midlands UAS and get as far as soloing in one of these great little aeroplanes. Having had a quiet word with a decal chap on here (Thanks Steve) I have now got the decals for the EMUAS Bulldog I did my first solo in and as the Resin GB didnt get the go ahead where better than to build this than in the company of some other Bulldogs. Just a couple to finish off and ill be able to get started, photos to follow later, but for the time being hopefully this a link to the beauty in real life.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Scottish-Aviation-Bulldog/1156249/&sid=be7b071fdbdbf07110b2f2c613aadd14

I think it was last spotted in Newcastle so if anyone has any other info or pics i'd love to see them

Cheers

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it out the box yesterday for its opening photoshoot

6C9ED480-B356-4634-83C3-A8C41CBDDDEC_zps

first impression was very excited to try something new, then spotted i have managed to lose one of the seats so first up i,ll build one of those out of spare card (should be fairly straight forward. Having never tackled one of these before i guess the next task is cleaning up and filling the little air bubbles (very few of these by the way) and then see how the fit looks. I think its going to be sunny tomorrow so i may don the mask and sit in the garden for the sanding session and then report back on progress.

On another note just found out a flying instructor mate has actually got an old Yorkshire UAS Bulldog so may get to have another go (although it would mean going in a Yorkshire one...rather than the superior East Midlands ones :winkgrin: )

looking forward to adding to the great airfix Bulldogs already on here

Cheers

Graham

I built one of these when they first came out. Nice little build, but cram as much weight as you can into the nose and if front of the instrument panel as you can, otherwise, she'll be a tail sitter!!

• 1 month later...

As with most of my GB entries this stalled, however I am glad to say it is up and running again, not in time for the deadline but should at least have some primer and the finished looking model, will just have to wait to do the colour and decals but alas it will finish soon, after I pack the nose and front cockpit with lead I'll pop a pic of it on later. For a first bash at resin it's been good fun.

Pics later

Graham

Sadly this is how she shall finish the GB, too nice of a kit to rush to get it done will take my time and get it done properly. A more competent resin modeller would have made short work of this as its a great little kit.

A2505287-5FB0-4F70-905E-C51F7F6169AD_zps

C91F766C-75F5-4FCE-965B-06F1BA6F1D54_zps

Now with 4 canopies included is it worth having a go at a canopy open model choices choices.........

Cheers for the advice

Graham

Shame about this, but understandable. It would be good if you could continue the build in the Work In Progress section. I'll certainly continue to follow your progress. I think the Mods can move threads (?).

Cheers,

Tom.